Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a moving company in London?

(6 Posts)
Fabi76 Mon 18-Jul-11 19:05:57

We are going to move to a house in south London and are now looking for quotes for the move. I'd appreciate any recommendations of reliable, not extremely expensive companies. Many thanks!

timmyinatizzy Mon 18-Jul-11 19:19:40

We used Matthew James in December 2007 when I was 6 months pregnant. They were fab. They took down and rebuilt 2 cabin beds in next to no time. IIRC they are based in Bexleyheath area so you may have to check. We moved from a 2 bed to a 3 bed. Cost was definitely under £1000. Hope this helps.

Fabi76 Mon 18-Jul-11 19:25:24

Thank you Timmy, that's very useful. Will definitely contact them. Thanks!

angel1976 Mon 18-Jul-11 19:46:56

We used Simply Removals and they were very good. Packing service (day before) and moving on the day costs us under £600 for a 2-bed house to 4-bed house but it was only 5 miles. And that was with all the packing materials provided as well.

www.simplyremovals.co.uk/

skandi1 Mon 18-Jul-11 19:55:23

Bournes. Www.bournes-uts.com. I think. Sorry can't do linky on phone.

We used them a few weeks ago. Their full packing and unpacking service and they were beyond fabulous. Not a single item broken or damaged. No hassle. Ultra polite. And extremely efficient. And best of all cheaper than any other quote by more than £1500 so very good value too.

Can't recommend enough.

Fabi76 Mon 18-Jul-11 21:05:56

Thank you Angel and skandi! I think we will get the packing service as we are both working and don't have much time (or expertise) in packing/moving. I didn't know that they can unpack for you as well - though given my disorganization, perhaps I will have to do that myself. Thanks for the recommendations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now