Talk

Advanced search

Neutral paint colour recommendations please.

(7 Posts)
vonnyh Sun 17-Jul-11 16:54:56

Hi,

We're about to decorate our south facing living room. At the moment it's a sort of dirty yellow colour. Can anyone recommend a warm, non yellow cream colour please. Our sofas are red, and we can't afford to chane them any time soon I've bought laods of tester pots. Quite like Dulux Natiral Calico, but it seems a bit yellowish. Also like Dulux Timeless, but this seemed too white. It has to be a Dulux paint and the decorator starts tomorrow! Please help. PS I've also got a tester of Almost Oyster, but that seemed a bit "peachy" in tone.

amazonianwoman Sun 17-Jul-11 17:21:28

I've used Dulux Timeless & Dulux Natural Hessian in the past, latter is more beige based rather than peach/yellow.

amazonianwoman Sun 17-Jul-11 17:23:44

In fact the house we rent out is painted top to bottom in natural hessian and it works in all light situations and with different furnishings.

Ponks Sun 17-Jul-11 22:59:38

Timeless is a lovely light cream, used it in previous house and didn't find it too white. I also like White Cotton but that would probably be too white for you?

vonnyh Mon 18-Jul-11 09:15:46

Thanks for replying. I got a pot of Natural Hessian, but I thought it was a bit too dark. Anyone got good things to say about Natural Calico? Or any other Dulux creams?

saltyseadog Mon 18-Jul-11 09:17:05

Old English White by Crown is lovely.

vonnyh Mon 18-Jul-11 10:40:23

Thanks salty, but has to be Dulux colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now