Talk

Advanced search

Fingers crossed

(3 Posts)
Honneybunny Sat 16-Jul-11 16:55:16

Quite impulsively placed an offer on a house that we saw on friday and LOVED from the moment we walked up the drive. Now we are waiting for the agent to get back to us with the vendors comments. I guess it means that it has not been rejected outright (I spoke to agent today to ask them if we could go for a second viewing as even dc have not seen it yet). I cannot remember being so tense in my life EVER. Could not sleep between 2 and 4 at night, and when i finally slept i kept dreaming about the house. It is soooo lovely.

Someone can give me a ball park figure how long it can take for vendors to come back re offer? Please don't tell me "few weeks" as I think I'll probably go loopy grin.

We decided not to tell anyone IRL, except for our parents, as we have missed out twice on our dream house before, and could not bear having to tell others again that it fell through. so I thought I'd go on here and share my news anonimously... smile

Gonzo33 Sat 16-Jul-11 17:11:06

It really depends on the vendors. When I have sold houses we have got back to the EA the same day, but I am an impatient so and so. However I have had offers on the table for a week before hearing back. Generally because the vendor has wanted to chew the fat. If you haven't heard by COP Monday contact the EA again.

Honneybunny Sat 16-Jul-11 21:09:04

thanks for the reply gonzo smile
everytime the phone rings both dh and i jump thinking it's the EA.
will give them a call on monday if we haven't heard by then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now