Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good website for unusual wallpaper....

(19 Posts)
headfairy Sat 16-Jul-11 15:23:32

I'm looking for some inspiration. I'm pretty open to anything unusual or different so any recommendations gratefully received

narmada Sat 16-Jul-11 15:43:40

Some to get you started!

Cole and Son do really nice - but pricey - papers.

Graham and Brown do a wide range of design-led papers.

Scandinavian Design Centre do good, unusual scandi ones.

If you like the scandi look, would also recoomend http://www.tapettitalo.fi/luettelot_en/collections.php?page=2 tapettitalo]]

narmada Sat 16-Jul-11 15:44:14

Last one didn't work, let's try again:

tapettitalo

headfairy Sat 16-Jul-11 17:19:47

Ooh thanks for those. I love the cole and son ones and the scandi design centre ones too, I'm going to enjoy going through those tonight!

blanchedevereaux Sat 16-Jul-11 21:37:22

The house I've just bought has some of the maddest Cole and Son wallpapers. Some of it is lovely but a few are just weird. This one is giving my 2 year old daughter nightmares and this one is in her soon to be bedroom! Seems a shame to rip it out when it cost over £70 a metre but I can't live with it.

We'll be keeping the "flamingo" and "woods" bedrooms and the "bookcase wall" in the study but the rest will have to go!

blanchedevereaux Sat 16-Jul-11 21:41:19

Actually, this is her bedroom one atm:

4-id-shop.co.uk/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=3430

narmada Sat 16-Jul-11 21:41:31

I love the flamingos one, but I do see what you mean about the one with faces - I would find it spooky being continually stared at by disembodied heads, too! Hmm, you're right, that purple flower one is a bit choice too. Still, I do like the fact that they do papers other than those sodding massive flowers in black/ red that get everywhere!

narmada Sat 16-Jul-11 21:43:05

I quite like that paper - although only for a massive room in a period house, not a child's bedroom. Or any bedroom for that matter. A touch de trop, I reckon.

narmada Sat 16-Jul-11 21:44:38

Yes, I definitely think cole and son papers should be used sparingly. Just imagining a whole house done in different papers gives me a bit of a headache - less is definitely more...

midnightexpress Sat 16-Jul-11 21:46:26

Timorous Beasties?

blanchedevereaux Sat 16-Jul-11 21:47:21

It is in a big room in a Georgian house but you're right, a bit full on for a bedroom. It's actually ok from afar and would work as a feature wall but it is impossible to match up round door frames, windows, fireplaces, etc so it ends up giving you a headache, like one of those magic eye books.

I'm hoping that I can impose a neutral paint (wallpaper is wasted on a toddler anyway) before she grows into the Disney phase!

narmada Sat 16-Jul-11 21:54:51

Have they done the whole room in that one paper?? bloody hell.

I know what you mean about imposing tasteful decor before the inevitable pink/ disney phase starts - DD is 3 and a bit and is soon to have a new room in our new house. She is insistent on wanting it purple, mini-goth that she is. I am however imposing some tasteful scandi wallpaper on DS as he is too young to object at 9 months.

Mbear Sat 16-Jul-11 23:30:49

I have Anna French - Lavinia - took me ages to fine the right 'size' pattern for the size of wall. Her shimmer papers are beautiful. Sorry not properly linked. And they are paste the wall ones, bonus!

LittlePushka Sat 16-Jul-11 23:33:12

wallpaperdirect is really good...

Rollergirl1 Sun 17-Jul-11 18:29:29

I've always liked Osborne and Little and have them in both my living and dining room.

narmada Sun 17-Jul-11 21:17:43

ooh rollergirl just looking at osborne and little now. Forgot about that one. You know you're middle-aged when you get excited about wallpaper... sob.

threefeethighandrising Sun 17-Jul-11 22:14:59

you got there first midnightexpress I was going to say timorous beasties!

I like this one (look closely, if you haven't seen this stuff before.

headfairy Mon 18-Jul-11 11:49:54

oooh, thanks for those. I really love this for my downstairs loo and this for the kids bedroom which I'll let them colour in. Just got to find something for my bedroom.. oh and perhaps the spare room <goes a bit bonkers with wallpaper lust> grin

headfairy Mon 18-Jul-11 11:50:55

Of course I might need a small mortgage (or large lottery win) to pay for it all 90 Euros a roll shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now