Talk

Advanced search

Bamboo flooring - any good?

(5 Posts)
MadHairMoody Sat 16-Jul-11 12:47:40

We are moving in a few weeks and need to put new flooring down in the hall and dining room. We were thinking laminate, but having looked round can't work up an awful lot of enthusiasm. We like the engineered wood or the bamboo flooring, saw some of these in B and Q at around £22/sq metre. I'd appreciate thoughts on either of these (or laminate), whether the stuff from B and Q is any good at all or where to go if not, and any experience of any of them. Thanks.

vonnyh Sat 16-Jul-11 15:43:21

We have bamboo throughout the ground floor of our house. It looks fab, and is very easy to look after. We got ours from The Bamboo Flooring Company.

MadHairMoody Mon 18-Jul-11 12:54:23

Thanks vonny. Have looked on there and ordered some samples smile

Any more experiences?

hobnob Mon 18-Jul-11 19:26:43

My kitchen is done in bamboo and we're delighted with it - also from Bamboo Flooring Company (from a MN recommendation, I think!) We have the natural strand woven sort and it looks beautiful as well as being very hardwearing and scratch resistant. Don't know about B&Q sort. I scraped lots of samples with keys and coins and the strand woven refused to be scratched.

Mandy21 Mon 18-Jul-11 21:02:14

We have bamboo too in the hall - ours is laquered I think - looks highly polished. It does look great but it has scratched - you can only see it if you look very carefully but I'd have it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now