Talk

Advanced search

Godalming, Surrey; Haslemere, Surrey; or Petersfield, Hants?

(5 Posts)
PST7777 Fri 15-Jul-11 10:20:26

Which of these three smart Home County towns do you think is the prettiest on they eye and the most quaint to look at?

Plus, can you tell me a little about what you know what it's like to live in any of these three towns?

Thanks!

ThunderboltKid Fri 15-Jul-11 11:55:02

??? How many threads are you going to post about these various towns?

The list you posted on chat was long enough!

TheSugarPlumFairy Fri 15-Jul-11 12:20:19

both godalming and Haselmere are very pretty. Not been to Petersfield so couldnt comment.

We live close to Godalming and are often there. It is a very nice town. Very much part of the stockbroker belt. Schools are good and the atmosphere is nice. Good pubs too.

PST7777 Fri 15-Jul-11 17:10:10

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I find Godalming to be uber-quaint, but the housing stock in the village to be nothing special.

Haslemere is so leafy and green, that most of the village's residential strrets appear to be canopied by rows of tall, stately shade trees making the residental streets incredibly beautiful and dignified in their appearance. The High Street, however, was nice, but nothing special like Godalming's. Petersfield get's an incredible amount of good press, but I can't help but think most of it is hype, because it didn't seem all that special to me. Again, though, I just had a short walk around the centre of the village.

PST7777 Sat 16-Jul-11 15:48:07

Petersfield has beautiful surrounding countryside but the village itself is pretty non-descript from what I saw of it. I'd say the same thing about Haslemere too. Am I wrong?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now