Talk

Advanced search

I want a bathroom that won't instantly date.

(3 Posts)
WynkenBlynkenandNod Thu 14-Jul-11 21:36:42

Woke up this morning feeling hormonal and decided today was the date to hack off the vile tiles that have been plaguing me for 9 years now.

Thing is, now they are nearly all gone ,I don't know what I want. Was looking through a magazine and they all seem to be big beige ones or brick style ones. I love the brick style ones and have cream ones in the kitchen which we did a few years ago but think that's enough of those.

Bathroom very small with corner sink and bath, toilet next door so whatever I do will have to look OK for both. I don't want to do anything that I look at in a year's time and think looks dated already. Any suggestions please?

jenniec79 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:42:15

Whatever is really "in" will date the most quickly.

I'd stick to plain white tiles, white suite (not too trendy in terms of shapes either - I have a hideous trendy-trendy sink in my bathroom, not my choice) Tile or vinyl/lino flooring again keeping neutral.

Accessories are so much easier and cheaper to change (could have seasonal varieties of bathmats etc) and can keep it looking really clean and fresh. I'd avoid anything seasidey, blues and mosaic tiles (too much grouting to maintain - leaks a lot)

WynkenBlynkenandNod Thu 14-Jul-11 22:14:23

The bath and sink can stay, they are fairly recent and should still look ok in a bit. I thought of White tiles but am a bit worried about cleaning them, as I remember them being hard work in the last house but children older now.

What I really want is a lovely bathroom I saw in a magazine with Tongue and groove panelling plus lovely wallpaper on the top. Showed it to DD who got all practical on me and pointed out it is very impractical with our household <sigh>

I like some of the blinds on the Tuiss website and am thinking they could be the answer as very easy to change. Or I could make blinds if I can find some gorgeous fabric.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now