Talk

Advanced search

its gone very quiet....think the chain has collapsed [sad]

(3 Posts)
alliwant Thu 14-Jul-11 18:35:50

Long story short:

I am now 36 weeks pregnant, due to move 29th July, DH got a new job in a different area. We had an offer on our house really quickly in May, a chain of 3, ftb, our buyers, us. We always said we would go into rented if needs be.

The bottom of the chain were pushing and pushing for an early June exchange, we were ready to go by mid June. Then the middle part of the chain lost a certificate and there has been lots of delaying, no one seems to know whats going on, one minute the certificate is lost, the next it is on order, then it'll take a couple of weeks, then a couple of days (I have been told we are exchanging any day now about 4 times)!!!

The ongoing issue is lack of communication with the bottom of the chain not returning our solicitors/EA calls, we have been left dangling angry

Anyway a week ago today the certificate was finally in the hands of the right solicitor so I was told all was well and we were finally going ahead. Then at the last minute I was told the ftb at the bottom of the chain, the husband was in the middle east (he is not british, she is) and she would not exchange until he returned as she wanted "moral support" of him being in the country (WTF??)

Now a whole week has passed and still no exchange and no communication at all from the ftb, its just gone dead. My EA said yesterday he thinks its a visa issue. I felt we had no other option but to remarket the house even though I really don't want to lose our buyer (middle of chain).

Do you think this is the right thing to do? Anyone else done this and it worked by shocking the chain back into communication? I just can't stand the thought of being here in September with 2 preschoolers and a newborn whilst my husband works away sad

I am absolutely gutted we have effectively had to reject our buyers who sound like nice people and put in a good offer, but can we really keep on waiting?? I have my baby in less than 3 weeks.

NOt to mention the lovely house we had lined up in the new area near an outstanding school, in a safe neighbourhood sad (not told them yet, been advised by EA to wait until Monday to give the middle of chain some time to push for clarity)

Not even sure what response I want, just wondering if anyone else been through this kind of scenario and how did it turn out?

alliwant Fri 15-Jul-11 18:59:16

bump x

RollingInTheAisles Fri 15-Jul-11 21:02:34

Can you ask your buyers if they'll rent their house out to buy yours? We had similar problems with probate needed, not needed etc and really thought it wouldnt work out, but did. Can't your EA phone the solicitors at the bottom of the chain? This is what eventually worked for us. But no, I don't think you're being unreasonable to consider going back on the market.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now