Talk

Advanced search

DIY nursery decorating ideas

(5 Posts)
lalababy Thu 14-Jul-11 11:26:12

So DH and I have just bought our first house (read flat) and by the end of the year we will be having our first baby. The place definately needs a bit of a once over... and I am quite keen on doing something fun with the nursery. Unfortunately after buying a place we are both relatively broke and I have few artistic or DIY skills - and was hoping someone could give me ideas that would be simple to execute and not too pricey.

nocake Thu 14-Jul-11 11:47:59

How about painting the walls cream then using stickers to brighten it up? I've just bought a pack of 80 assorted wall stickers from Amazon (trees, birds, animals etc).

pleasenap Thu 14-Jul-11 11:58:05

How about room stickers - I've always used them. Paint wall basic colour and then stick around the stickers as a border about waist height. I've used a few of the stickers in a frame too and so it ties it all together. Other thing I've done is get greetings cards or even wrapping paper and put that in a frame - you could cut out words such as your baby's name from the paper and shove in a frame. I also got cheap plain curtains and then was planning on appliquing round co-ordinating pictures - but couldn't be faffed in the end - but very easy to do. Another thing I'm planning on is I've got some plain canvas and going to either do a bit of very basic painting (copying something very very simple!).

Stickarounds like these - you can reposition them, they don't damage the walls so you can redo if you don't like it or want a different theme later:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hodge-Podge-Stickarounds-Wall-Stickers-LARGE-x-42-/250632917508?pt=UK_HG_ChildFurniture_RL&var=&hash=item800ee8ca40

NIce stuff here:

http://www.aspace.co.uk/clearance

And Next sale is any day....

lalababy Thu 14-Jul-11 12:37:41

Ohhh this all sounds good. I like stickers... I figure that can't be too hard!

nocake Thu 14-Jul-11 16:37:31

We bought RoomMates stickers from Amazon. They have several different packs for £13.99 and they're repositionable so if you can move them for different looks. I guess the LO might find them tempting to pull off but that's a bridge we've yet to cross grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now