Talk

Advanced search

Magnetic paint

(7 Posts)
Ixia Thu 14-Jul-11 10:37:31

Has anyone tried it? My DD wants a wall painting in her bedroom so that she can put her drawings up with magnets. Reviews are mixed, so not sure about splashing out on it.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 14-Jul-11 10:38:21

watches with interest,
want a magnetic blackboard in the kitchen have the same dilema as you!

Debs75 Thu 14-Jul-11 10:53:29

Ikea do large metal boards which are easily fixed to your wall if that would be easier.

We are looking into magnetic paint for ds and have been told this is good grey paint or this paintable if you want a colour other then grey

Ixia Fri 15-Jul-11 11:50:29

Thanks for that info, on reading I suspect the paint isn't going to be suitable. I want to be able to hold DD'S artwork up with magnets and the website suggests that the paint will only hold magnetic letters, magnetic games etc not pieces of paper anchored under a magnet..grrr.

The Ikea boards aren't big enough and Ikea doesn't deliver here, I'm looking for about 1.5m x 1.5m.

Zwitterion Fri 15-Jul-11 16:17:40

We have a magnetic/blackboard area in our kitchen - International paint.

It's great for magnetic photo frames and small bits of paper, needs fairly large magnets though (as in surface area). It won't hold card.

It's very very stinky stuff to apply, and you need about 6 coats.

teta Fri 15-Jul-11 19:53:09

I'm glad i read this as i have recently purchased a tin of this paint and was about to slap it on the wall.I didn't realise that it doesn't work!.I Have now found a company that sells large magnetic whiteboards [120 by 80cms] that i shall buy instead and shall return the 'very poor magnetic effect' paint.

sunshineandshowers Sun 17-Jul-11 19:31:55

hey teta,

do you mind if i ask which company?

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now