Advanced search

Letting a house out - who for insurance?

(7 Posts)
countydurhamlass Wed 13-Jul-11 17:54:55

i am starting the process of letting my house out to my brother. he is going to pay me enough to cover the mortgage and insurances. i need to find a good company who does landlord and tenant insurance and am looking for recommendations as this is all new to me


McDreamy Wed 13-Jul-11 17:57:59

I use Direct Line for Landlords insurance although I have never had to claim. They were very competitive though. Tenants have always got their own insurance so I've never been involved.

gregssausageroll Wed 13-Jul-11 21:51:50

Make sure whoever you go with has mallicious damage cover. Lots don't.

iheartdusty Wed 13-Jul-11 21:56:40

I've always used [ simple landlord's insurance]

iheartdusty Wed 13-Jul-11 21:57:15


countydurhamlass Thu 14-Jul-11 20:29:21

thank u, i dont think i need anything that is all singing all dancing cos my brother is not the type, in fact he is already planning on getting the improvements done that we have never go round to do!

MaggieW Fri 15-Jul-11 08:16:52

You could go to a broker such as A Plan insurance and they'll trawl the market for the best price for the kind of insurance you are after.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: