Talk

Advanced search

Anyone found a substitute colour for F&B 'James White'

(4 Posts)
Whizkidwithacrazystreak Tue 12-Jul-11 17:50:38

We are renting our property and currently we have used F&B but I don't wish to 'refresh' the paint at the expense of F&B.

I took a sample to Homebase today and the colour that came up for Dulux just didn't really look anything like it.

Are there any recommendations for colour matching F&B?

teta Tue 12-Jul-11 19:02:50

I have had colour-matching done with dulux and F&B and there was no perceptible difference.This was in a trade paint shop that could colourmatch f&b with much cheaper paint than Dulux.They typed in the F&B code and used a basic white paint [i used Dulux Diamond Eggshell] and then the computer adds in the tints to get the right match.I wouldn't go to the diy stores to do this tbw.Find a trade centre recommended by professional painters.A lot of painters use trade ranges like mcphersons and Sandtex [i used Sandtex oil eggshell for my external paintwork in Dix Blue].The only exception is if you are looking for a texture match to estate emulsion-modern paints will not convey the right chalkiness.But Dulux flat matte comes pretty close.If you can't find a trade shop go to the dulux decorator centres.

Whizkidwithacrazystreak Tue 12-Jul-11 19:51:17

Thanks so much teta. I will look into this. I'm not so keen on using the estate emulsion as I have used it and although it is gorgeous, it's a nightmare to keep looking clean and fresh.

amazonianwoman Wed 13-Jul-11 11:21:57

I've had F&B paints colour matched at Johnstons/Leyland trade paint places and they're great. The paint is sooo easy to use (much better than Dulux) and very hard wearing. Colour matching is excellent smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now