Talk

Advanced search

Not to let emotions interfere with private rental

(5 Posts)
Whizkidwithacrazystreak Mon 11-Jul-11 13:08:03

I'm in a dilema as I have found a lovely single mother to rent our property and I also have a couple through an agency who have put in an offer. I have requested a holding deposit from the private rental and it has not arrived in my account, despite her saying she would do it after the school drop off. Financially we are better off with the private rental by £100 per month (babysitting, gym ect).

I know I need to be rational, particularly as we are moving on the 23rd and the agents tenants can pay their deposit immediately and move in on a suitable date.

I do have to ignore the emotional requirements of the single mum... don't I???

HumanBehaviour Mon 11-Jul-11 13:13:10

She said she would do it today at 9 am and it is not in your account yet? I would at least give it until tomorrow in that case.

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Mon 11-Jul-11 13:18:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whizkidwithacrazystreak Mon 11-Jul-11 15:22:05

Thanks all, now I have a different situation whereby I have both deposits and am waiting for references from the agents and also from my private. I know it's not the worst situation to be in I find it difficult knowing that I have so much say in their personal lives. Now I guess I have to wait to see who's references check out to be the best, and I'm hoping that my single mum checks out perfectly TBH...

ShoutyHamster Sat 16-Jul-11 19:59:07

If both references check out ok I would go with the single mother anyway as that is more financially beneficial to you as well as what you want! It's a business transaction, as you say, so it makes perfect sense to take the single mother smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now