Talk

Advanced search

Help pick a tile colour!

(9 Posts)
Acceptableintheeighties Mon 11-Jul-11 00:02:44

have just ordered my kitchen units and they are off White colour and am now struggling to pick a tile colour.

We were initially going for a wood kitchen with cream tiles but as it's a small room and I wanted an oak or walnut colour rather than beech it would be too dark, so now I'm stuck choosing new tiles as the ones I liked now wont work.

I don't really want a lot of colour as I would rather have the colour with the paint and accessories so can be updated as won't be able to afford to do the kitchen again for a long time!

I'm stuck. Anyone have any ideas?

SirenSusan Mon 11-Jul-11 10:25:19

You can change tiles easily without changing the kitchen. I'd prefer a bright splashback and lighter walls

Hairytoes Mon 11-Jul-11 13:43:04

How about just having an upstand, and plastering and painting instead of tiling.

mollschambers Mon 11-Jul-11 13:45:20

What colour worktop?

Acceptableintheeighties Tue 12-Jul-11 11:42:50

Worktop is oak.

Tbh, I like to change rooms quite often so I tend to have mainly neutral rooms with a feature wall and easily changed accessories. Lounge has been, in the last 4 yrs, red, duck egg blue and is now mauve, but all I have done is paint 1 wall and get new cushion covers (looks like I've done more though iyswim?).
Was hoping to be able to have a kitchen that I could do the same with, with a change of paint and jars/kettle etc without re-tiling!

Have looked at the up stands but do prefer tiles as I can make a mess when cooking and dc have started "helping" so nice and easy to wipe down!

noddyholder Tue 12-Jul-11 11:46:22

I have a grey/green matt tile with white units oak tops and a grey slate floor.Walls are pure white.It leads in to the tv room and dining room so have stuck with natural linen sofas and a bleached top table with grey legs All flows really well and is quite relaxed looking .You could add colour aswell if you wanted I personally don't like vivid colour with muted but if you did it would still go.

mollschambers Tue 12-Jul-11 15:03:27

something like this maybe?

noddyholder Tue 12-Jul-11 15:05:43

Yes those are nice but I just have one colour the middle one is virtually the samethis

noddyholder Tue 12-Jul-11 15:06:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now