Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a directory of online kitchen appliance places that people have used and are reliable?

(31 Posts)
said Sun 10-Jul-11 12:07:23

There are so many out there and I'm cautious of being fleeced.

sinks-taps.com - anyone used them? here
Kitchen appliances direct (appear to be the same company) - anyone used them? here

I can vouch for wallsandfloors.com being really good here

noddyholder Sun 10-Jul-11 13:03:15

I have bought quite a bit from jual domestics over the years.Excellent customer service etc

teta Sun 10-Jul-11 16:38:31

I have ordered lots from sinks taps.com and the service has been excellent.Several sinks and taps plus one sink that was broken that they immediately sent out a replacement .[the replacement sink they checked before sending was glazed funnily so they had to order another one that was then in a warehouse fire!]But throughout they kept me informed and told me how long it woulde take at all the stages.Apliances direct i also ordered my rangemaster cooker through them and again excellent communication and precise delivery.

Babysamrocks Sun 10-Jul-11 17:39:27

I'd second jual domestics, they were excellent.

LadyLapsang Sun 10-Jul-11 18:53:11

John Lewis - excellent customer service & fantastic in the - very unlikely event - if any problems.
Buyers and Sellers

said Sun 10-Jul-11 20:00:27

thanks teta. Good to know. Out of interest, how long did they usually take to deliver?

PinkOlives Sun 10-Jul-11 20:39:55

hi said, i did a similar thread last week we are at the same point, i ordered from MyChoice, so waiting for tuesday delivery, also will order from appliancesonline as it has a good rep (very fast delivery, next day so i delayed ordering!)
i was going to order from appliances direct but not happy with their long delivery times, i dont have the time. i ordered from kitchens123 also, my sink, expecting on thurs. and the last one i will order from i think is the bigkitchencentre.com. however their are many that people have had a problem with so check my thread from a few days back. its taking a bit of project management getting something different from each place, but online shopping is great!

said Sun 10-Jul-11 20:42:49

Ah, sorry pinkolives, hadn't realised you'd already started a similar thread. Will check it out.

Yes, am addicted to constantly getting the best bargain but it is time-consuming. Nearly there though.

EvieB Sun 10-Jul-11 20:43:48

Appliance City are good on communications and reliable. They also really know their products if you call them before ordering online. I've used them a few times and have always been pleased.

PinkOlives Sun 10-Jul-11 20:50:00

oh no i just meant check it out as there are some dodgy places out there grin , i remember one that had gone bust so it prompted me to ask its a bit worrying when you havent tried it. i normally phone them first check if its in stock and the million other questions i usually have.
you can get different things and great brands if you shop around and youre right the saving is great!
hows it all coming together anyway?

emsyj Sun 10-Jul-11 20:56:39

I've bought quite a few things from O'Gormans and always found them reliable and never had any issues with them. They do good prices on Miele.

MoreBeta Sun 10-Jul-11 21:05:21

I recently discovered [[http://www.nisbets.co.uk/ Nisbets]. They supply restaurants and hotels and also the general public. Some kitchen knives I was looking at were 50% of the price of John Lewis. I bought a 4 slot toaster for £35. Its brilliant.

Next day delivery free of charge too.

MoreBeta Sun 10-Jul-11 21:05:56

Sorry. Link again to Nisbets.

said Sun 10-Jul-11 21:08:19

Barncrest are now out of administration now, apparently. They've emailed and called me to let me know. What about woodworktops anyone? here
Kitchen all delivered to be installed this week! Maybe. Need floor to go down first and that's coming on Tuesday. What about you?

PinkOlives Sun 10-Jul-11 21:15:45

we got ours from worktop express took two days and weve been walking on them for a week they are on our living room floor. (someone on here recommended)
our kitchen is next day delivery but weve had to put it on hold everyday for last two weeks as fitter hasnt been ready to come, its fullly assembled so i have nowhere to put it. its been stressful waiting for him but hes promised tomorrow. weve already pulled old one out so he better come! so hopefuly fingers crossed he'll start on the disaster that is our walls. good luck said. its a small room but a hugee project!

said Sun 10-Jul-11 21:18:45

I was put off worktop express by having to pay for the samples mean. I'm sure it was £5 per sample which seemed excessive when other place send you up to 3 for free.

Have decision fatigue now.

PinkOlives Sun 10-Jul-11 21:42:56

Ooh we didnt do samples when we got to them we knew what it would be like, DP did that one. i am queen of samples. hindsight that was risky. their servce was great the guys delivered it very quickly with lots of advice and were very nice
i had samples from barncrest
i really do like what w-express sent us luckily as they gave me a free chopping board which shows how the wood will darken eventualy so i have high hopes!
good news on barncrest they have sent me a couple of emails since the samples. i know what you mean about decisions but im just going for it now can take forever if i have too many choices!

teta Sun 10-Jul-11 23:36:09

Said, sinks taps....tell you the delivery time on each item online.If it is in stock they will do express delivery for 19 pounds.Some of the more expensive taps sometimes have a long delivery date but its normally worse on other websites [because i have checked many times].The telephone saleswomen are really nice and have even told me how to fit my sink.My rangemaster [in cranberry] i think took 10-14 days as rangemaster make to order so no fault of appliances direct.I ordered from Worktop Express as the prices for Iroko were cheaper than Barncrest.The cost of the samples are taken off your subsequent order though.I an really happy with the quality and have just ordered Wenge upstands for my slate worktop [could not find slate upstands anywhere] and oak for my horrible Ikea worktop in the utility.

said Tue 12-Jul-11 19:50:33

Thanks teta Have just ordered from them so will report back if it all goes tits up

Has anyone used woodandbeyond?

Ixia Fri 15-Jul-11 13:26:50

Appliance City are good and they've been going a while. We used to live nearby and bought a lot from them.

Good companies go bust too though, used to buy loads from QED-uk, they were fab when we were burgled and drove replacements round in the back of a car at little notice. Sadly they went belly up.

Ixia Fri 15-Jul-11 13:29:06

Oh, just noticed someone mentioned Worktops Express, our cherry worktops came from them, v. efficient service, v. cheap and lovely quality.

ClaireDeLoon Fri 15-Jul-11 13:47:29

I used www.appliancesonline.co.uk when my washing machine broke one Saturday. The new machine was delivered on the Sunday afternoon and the old one taken away. I seem to recall that the next day delivery was free and the charge to have the old one taken away was £10? I thought it was fabulous service and can highly recommend.

said Fri 15-Jul-11 16:34:06

Oh, good to see Worktop Express getting another vote as may be using them this week

sinks-taps.com were very good and helpful, btw. And cheap!

hobnob Fri 15-Jul-11 17:14:41

I've mentioned John Waring South on a couple of other threads. Huge savings on unboxed appliances - ie.e they don't have their carboard boxes but are new and perfect, with the manufacturer's 2-year guarantee. I was very happy with what I bought, so would recommend them.

teta Fri 15-Jul-11 19:47:20

Our local carpenter told me he ordered Iroko from Wood and Beyond for a customer as it was the cheapest deal arround [had a initial r. high quote from benchmarx].He said it was pretty good quality [reputedly!].

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now