Talk

Advanced search

Can someone talk me through whole selling & buying process?

(3 Posts)
Zeeky Sun 10-Jul-11 07:29:59

We have only bought & sold once and it was a whole ago now so have forgotten the whole malarky.

Please could someone talk me through the process from start to finish e.g do we put our house on the Market first & then start looking for something to buy or vice versa? Is it best to put house on at price we want yo get or on at higher but be prepared to accept offers under? Should the major de-clutter & tidy up be done before we have estate agents round to value? How many valuations should we get? So many questions???

I'm just confused about the whole process to be honest & we are imminently about to have to relocate & start the whole process off!

ajandjjmum Sun 10-Jul-11 07:49:26

Get your house looking its best and get three valuations. Choose the agent who gives a fair price, and you like. Bearing in mind that you're likely to be dealing with them a lot over the coming months.

Start looking for what you want. When you find it put in your offer, based on whether it's been on the market for a while (in which case you'd go under the asking price), or if you've found it when it's just gone on the market, and you need to snap it up quickly. You may get a little advice from the vendor's agent, but remember, they're not working for you!

In a perfect world, you'll sell at the same time that you find something you want to buy, but it doesn't always work out like that..............

Stressful time, but exciting too!

Gonzo33 Sun 10-Jul-11 08:05:07

Are you porting your mortgage (moving it to your new house) or getting a new one agreed? If getting a new one agreed make sure you do so before offering on your new house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now