Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Farrow and ball colours?

(13 Posts)
fairiesandcupcakes Thu 07-Jul-11 20:17:36

Hi all, I am painting my downstairs loo tomorrow and am looking at the f&b range. At the moment it is a black and White theme. I have grey tiles on the floor and White Walls at the moment.
I want a colour that will still go with the tiles. It is a south facing room that gets alot of light. I like the colour old White but I'm not sure this will go? I also have a black and White stripe blind that ideally I would like to keep.
I don't want to go very dark in there as it's not a big room.
Any ideas? X

QuestionTime Thu 07-Jul-11 20:47:45

It's hard to advise without seeing it, but just be careful with f&b as sometimes it rubs off!

groak Thu 07-Jul-11 20:50:16

I've said it on past hreads and I'll say it again, you just need to use 'Hamster's breath'

grin

PropertyAddict Thu 07-Jul-11 21:08:57

If you go with Old White make sure you do testers on all of your walls. I've just done it in my hall, which I thought was quite a bright area, and it has made it feel dark, but in other, v bright areas it looks almost white (til you compare it with the ceiling).

fairiesandcupcakes Thu 07-Jul-11 21:20:51

Right ok thanks for your replies. Would you know of any other f&b colours that would go nice with grey tiles? X they seem to do lots of different whites?

HamburgerHelper Thu 07-Jul-11 21:28:31

I used a light grey - blue called Borrowed Light and I think it could go well with black and white.

WiiNetter Thu 07-Jul-11 22:27:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fairiesandcupcakes Thu 07-Jul-11 22:27:43

oohh thats a nice colour, never would have thought of doing a blue colour. Is it really a light blue? I was thinking I would like more of a grey but sometimes grey can be abit cold. I wanted to get away from just white walls but not sure at all now what to go for? x

HamburgerHelper Fri 08-Jul-11 06:55:32

It's a really beautiful more blue than grey. Like being in the clouds. Check out the F&B website ot google images and you will see!

wfrances Fri 08-Jul-11 16:41:35

how about ball green,thats in my hall,not too dark but warm enough for a large space,plus ive got 4 dc so much better to have colour.

fairiesandcupcakes Fri 08-Jul-11 19:22:26

Thank you for everyone's reply. Just to let you know that I have painted today and I used borrowed light. It is so so lovely, I never would have thought of putting this colour with black and White but it really compliments and goes so well, thanks again xx

HamburgerHelper Wed 13-Jul-11 22:05:55

Yay! It's great isn't it?

Wormshuffler Wed 13-Jul-11 22:11:34

I have used blackened in my bathroom and accessorised with charchaol grey, I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now