Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought anything from made.com

(6 Posts)
narmada Thu 07-Jul-11 13:07:22

Just that, really. Their stuff looks really nice but the delivery times seem really long and in the light of places like Habitat going bust I am slightly wary of paying money upfront to a company I've not head much about. Any comments/ experiences much appreciated.

Mummyisamonster Thu 07-Jul-11 18:45:10

My friend ordered one of their gorgeous floor lamps recently and although it took a few weeks to arrive (they're shipped from China I believe) she's very pleased. As soon as I've moved house I'll be ordering some stuff too.

DaisySteiner Thu 07-Jul-11 22:18:41

Yes, we ordered a sofa and armchair. They did take a while to arrive but we're very pleased with them. I think they're run by the founder of lastminute.com, so they do have some history behind them.

hophophippidtyhop Fri 08-Jul-11 08:42:28

I bought a giant anglepoise light. It takes a while as it's made in china or similar, but it was worth the wait and it was well made.

LoraB Fri 08-Jul-11 11:24:32

i haven't used them but i think the long delivery time is because they wait until they have a certain number of orders before they get made, a bit like Groupon theory? there's a techy name for it....!

narmada Fri 08-Jul-11 21:13:18

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. Now trying to persuade DH to buy a sofa he's never sat on - he has a thing about trying them out, I will go for form over function every time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now