Anyone else going through selling and buying and cautiously excited??(51 Posts)
Our house was on the market for twelve months, we had an offer in february that fell through, found another buyer a couple of weeks ago. Our new buyers had their survey done on Tuesday and I am anxiously waiting to hear that all was OK.
We have had an offer accepted on a house we want, and I am starting to get excited.
It's such a long old process though, with so many things to go wrong...
I'll join you.
We are now also in the same position. We had an offer on ours and then our buyers couldn't proceed. Had another offer but they never seemed to be serious.
Our original buyers then got another offer on theirs so it was all systems go. Have been a few issues with chain above us but it all seems to be sorted out now.
Were hoping to move by end of summer, but the vendors of the house we are buying now want to aim for end of this month. Help !!!
Will see if the rest of the chain can work to that. If so panic stations .........
<<grabs Sushiqueen's hand>>
Our buyers have nothing to sell. The house that we are buying is part of an acrimonious divorce settlement, and because the vendor didn't look like she was very keen on moving out, we have offered the price that she wants, on the condition of a quick sale.
Of course, that's all fine in theory...
Can I join the club? We first sold in March, fell through in May and then sold again in June to someone with no chain. House we're buying viewed when ours went on the market in Feb. Quietly excited! Survey done on ours yesterday. All solicitors aiming to exchange in 2 weeks, move in 3. Not done any packing as don't want to tempt fate but getting anxious about the amount that needs doing! Have decluttered lots though.....
hksi - can I ask why the first sale fell through after two months? Not that I'm paranoid or anything.
I think there was a bit of secret reselling going on! Basically 2 people below us the chain broke about a month on then was reformed without us knowing. The chain then broke again! This time there is only our buyer and seller and one other house at the top. We have our sellers phone number and this has made things much quicker and less stressful on that side of the chain.
We have a chain free buyer and our vendor is prepared to move to her mum's. The survey on ours was done on Tuesday, so am assuming everyone is just waiting for the results but it's gone quiet, and I'm a little paranoid about the whole thing!!
Our solicitors has a website where you can check if anything has been done that day and I'm totally obsessed!! Your 'chain' sounds great - you can talk to both ends of the chain easily.
Ooh, that is fantastic!
I know, it just all seems a bit too straightforward, iyswim. It's hard to get excited when you've already had one fall through. Although having said that, they didn't get as far as survey.
I think we have 6 properties in our chain so I have everything crossed.
Our solicitor has the same thing hksi so it helps with the purchase side. Mind you I must admit our solicitor is on the ball and is very prompt in getting everything done and sent out to the relevant people.
Had the EPC sent through to us yesterday on the place we are buying. Not sure if it is possible to get any less energy efficient than that house. I see a lot of work ahead of us
Fingers crossed for you all. Im at square one, waiting for a buyer still. Have 3 unproceedable interested parties & had one ridiculous offer in the last 2 weeks, so hopefully wont be too much longer before im off the starting blocks. All this talk of chains is scaring me.
We are waiting for the survey results, anxiously.
Well our survey was Wed and is back already! Our buyer wants to talk over it with our E.A tomorrow....... another sleepless night.....
Our house had been on the market for almost 3 years , we were quite happy plodding along for a while until I had my DS at the end of 2009. Got rid of crappy EA's and got new ones last year, the house has come down by 25k from the original selling price and then the buyers got another 10k off as we're just desperate for somewhere bigger (FTB's buying ours)
We found a lovely house and got 10k knocked off their price, mortgage went through ok and we were told the survey was ok on our house before we proceeded with the mortgage in principal and survey on the house we're buying.
We've now been told our buyers are querying some of the things that have come back on the survey, mostly the odd damp bit in the property, apparently our EA says it's nothing to worry about and they're being nice about things and obviously as their FTB's they are a bit anxious about these things (well who wouldn't be) I'm just worrying in case they're wanting more off the price and we can't really do that now as we've set everything in place with most of the equity in this house going towards a deposit on new house....sigh...it's just a bloody waiting game.
And..we're now in a chain of about 5 - so goodness knows when we'll be moving (if everything is ok!)
The whole thing is torture! We're due to exchange in less than 2 weeks. Move in less than 3 but not started packing. Hopefully all will be ok tomorrow and we will be back on track!!
Two years ... it's taken us two years, nearly 100 veiewing, finally we exchanged and we move and complete in two weeks.
Really ladies, I was with you until then, but I just popped in to say really, it really can happen. For the first time in more than 5 years (we are renters) I am allowing myself to look at interiors mags - not bought one yet - and think about painting, gardening, furniture, shelves, letting ds write on the walls...
It's incredible... just the schools thing that's killing me now... still it's something different to stress about for a change.
Thanks for your story Sesquipedality! It's good to hear a happy ending! Hope your school thing gets sorted. Least we're lucky to be moving half a mile so 'life' continues at normal. Although it's horrid being in limbo all the time!!
Thank you and good luck to you all!
(Have probably jinxed it somehow now and will all fall through so that I can add yet another battle story to my encyclopedic volumes of shit house buying adventures.
Shan't believe it till I wake up there.
I am now at the point where im starting to think the wheels may be in motion quite soon. We now have 2 unproceedable buyers interested & a proceedable buyer coming back for a second view tomorrow morning. Everything crossed.
Hope the viewing goes well Sparkle
We are just getting our quotes for the removals. Doesn't help that we are moving almost 200miles so if they do the packing the whole process will take 3 days and a night in a hotel for us. Premier Inn here we come At least we know we can get a school place with no problems.
Need to get curtains and poles etc as well as our sellers are taking all theirs with them. Leaving ours as they wouldn't fit the house we are going to.
Off on holiday this week and heaven knows what we will come back to.
Can I join???
We had an offer for ours from a no chain cash buyer which we accepted.
Wanted to move end July.
The house we put an offer in on got a bad HB survery so we pulled out.
Put an offer in on another (no chain empty house) on Friday and it was accepted ON CONDITION we move end JUly.
aaarrghhhhh.......running around like mad now trying to get everything sorted.
(oh, and we go on hols on saturday for a week!!)
Fingers crossed Sparkle!!
Becarooo I'll race you - we're meant to move end of Juy too!!! lol
Us! But only buying as we have been in rented since we sold.
We are busy trying to get the survey done as soon as possible - hopefully this week. The property is tenanted and the owner has agreed to give the tenants two months' notice as soon as our survey has been done. So with luck we will have the luxury of a quick exchange but long completion - nice and relaxed. Well, that's the theory!
We thought selling was hard, but buying has issues too. This is the second house we have attempted to buy this summer. The first one was sold to someone else three weeks after we agreed the sale and were well on the way to exchange. We simply received a short, very rude letter from the EA pushed through our door telling us we had been gazumped, and implying that it didn't matter as they had concluded we weren't very serious about the property anyway!
We are still really angry and I have decided that they can't just get away with treating people like that. So I have requested a meeting with them to discuss how the hell this happened when they had supposedly stopped marketing the property? The meeting is this afternoon.
becaroo Hi! Your timeframe is so crazy it just has to work!
We are STILL waiting for the survey results to come back. The longer it goes on, the more jumpy I am becoming.
Join the discussion
Please login first.