Talk

Advanced search

How do I find out about right of way on a property?

(6 Posts)
stanausauruswrecks Wed 06-Jul-11 21:10:22

We are thinking of buying an end terrace house (would be the end furthest from the entrance to the back gardens IYSWIM) and am wondering if there is any right of way on "our" garden, as it doesn't give access to anywhere?
TIA!

K999 Wed 06-Jul-11 21:12:24

You could check the title deeds to the property. Your solicitor should be able to advise you.

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Wed 06-Jul-11 21:16:23

Land registry will have the details - your solicitor should be able to check for you.

stanausauruswrecks Wed 06-Jul-11 21:22:55

blush I We haven't put an offer in yet, as we're waiting to sell ours.We viewed it when we were SSTC, but unfortunately our buyer pulled out. This hasn't stopped me redesigning the garden and drawing up plans for the kitchen extension, hence needing to find out if right of way issues will scupper my grand plans grin

mylovelymonster Wed 06-Jul-11 21:23:05

The EA should have some info, no?

Sesquipedality Fri 08-Jul-11 19:22:06

Ahh we had a problem with this, nothing on the deeds to house we wanted to, but eventually didn't buy, but lots of access info on the deeds of surrounding properties and land - several of them in fact. Seems like every other f*** had access to that house and garden except the people living there.

That'll be when that house sale fell through then. After months of awyers haggling and £££££ down the drain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now