Talk

Advanced search

Yikes. Just had offer accepted.

(6 Posts)
ThinkingOfMoving Tue 05-Jul-11 16:35:20

We've been talking of moving for ages, slightly limited by the fact that we are in a small village and not much comes up. Plus we're choosy! We lost out on a great house in our ideal street 4 months ago. Now another one has come up. We already knew the layout, value, mortgage repayments etc etc, it is absolutely the most perfect location imaginable (under 5 mins walk from school, 3 minutes walk to station for commute) and the house can be moved straight into, but with plenty potential for a bit of tinkering around in the future. Viewed it yesterday, offered today (asking price, which was same as valuation). It was accepted.

We'll be bridging (I know, I KNOW!) but the good thing is we only have 20k outstanding on our current place and even the two totalled together is just the upper limit of what the bank would lend us. Once we sell this place we should be fine and in fact we have a potential buyer lined up (family member), plus our income will rise this year and next. I shouldn't and wouldn't tell you any of this if I hadn't name-changed, but am in slight shock and need to splurge.

We are losing our stunning view sad but will still have a nice outlook over hills etc. It's a lovely 3 bed house, nothing luxurious or grand but a really fab family home with a lot of flexibility, a decent amount of living space, great garden and I know we will be utterly, utterly happy there.

Phew. Tell me all will be OK?

Fimbo Tue 05-Jul-11 16:46:34

Sounds perfect. Lots of luck with it!

We are in a similar position with not much coming up here. Wish we only had £20k outstanding, as it stands we bought in the height in 2007 and would lose around £40/50k if we were to sell now sad.

CristinaTheAstonishing Tue 05-Jul-11 17:13:39

Well done ToM, time for bubbly tonight smile

halfbabyhalfbiscuit Tue 05-Jul-11 20:01:48

Well done!

Stories like this give me hope - we just lost out on a fabulous house that went to sealed bids sad

ThinkingOfMoving Wed 06-Jul-11 12:57:08

Thanks all - I am still in shock, yet quite capable of planning where all my furniture will go grin.

DH and split a bottle of beer last night - it was all we had! But when things are signed and sealed we'll have some fizz. We are in Scotland, so things should go OK, no idea on entry date yet as the sellers haven't looked but we are flexible to a point.

Fimbo, halfbabyhalfbiscuit - good luck to you in your continuing search. Locally it seems things are picking up slightly, even prices. Fingers crossed!

SparklePrincess Wed 06-Jul-11 20:26:35

It sounds great TOM. smile The best of luck with it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now