Talk

Advanced search

Relocation to Northampton - help please!

(7 Posts)
Zeeky Mon 04-Jul-11 10:30:14

DH has just been offered a job in Northampton and we will need to relocate there (currently in Berkshire). DS1 is due to start school in September and we also have a 1 yr old. Can anyone give us any idea of good schools, nice areas etc? Probably prefer to live in a village/small town rather than Northampton itself, but definitely need to be in catchment for good schools. Looking for a big house and garden - I'm hoping property prices are a good bit lower than here in Berkshire to enable us to upsize.

Help! Don't know where to begin looking!

LaurieFairyCake Mon 04-Jul-11 10:33:07

When I asked on here a couple of years ago people pointed me away from the town centre and out to the prettier villages - Nether Heyford, Little Hetford, Bugbrooke.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 04-Jul-11 10:33:24

sorry, Little Heyford

mrswoodentop Mon 04-Jul-11 10:47:46

I come from Northampton and parents still live there ,lots of nice villages ,would recommend Milton Malsor primary and village .Also Chapel Brampton used to be very nice

Zeeky Mon 04-Jul-11 16:30:04

Laurie did you relocate to Northamptonshire & if so where did you end up moving to?

I'm a bit worried about finding a school place for DS as will probably be moving around October time. Poor thing will have just settled in his new school here & will then have to move sad

Amieesmum Mon 04-Jul-11 16:38:38

I re-located to northants a few years ago - Live in Rushden (east Northants) It's a small town, but quite far away from northampton it's self. I know some of the smaller village towards towcester are beautiful. House prices are quite cheap here in rushden, but it's not the most up market place you can think of. Earls Barton/ Ecton? Mears Ashby are all lovely, And just a short drive to northampton on the A45

Mandy21 Mon 04-Jul-11 22:58:25

Hi, my parents are in a little village not too far from Towcester. The village school has a good reputation (Pattishall) and I think the secondary schools in Bugbrooke and Campion school are quite well thought of. They only moved there after we'd left home so we've never actually lived there - it was only supposed to be a temporary move for my parents but 17 years later they're still there. There is certainly a lovely community spirit and the villages are just beautiful (Pattishall, Eastcote, Astcote, Dalscote, Greens Norton).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now