Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moving on to carpets....

(9 Posts)
daisie4 Fri 01-Jul-11 15:14:48

We're working our way through our house and have done most of the decorating, now need to choose carpets. The colours are based around f&b bone, shaded white and slipper satin.

What I need to know is what's 'in' now? I've just been to a local carpet shop and picked out http://www.hammondhill.co.uk/Brintons_Carpets_-_L_product_645_37_12_0_6850.htm it's quite textured in rl. Am I being old fashioned? Have thought about crucial trading but think its £££ and rough to sit on?

Its just such a lot of money I just don't want to put it down and then think its looks dated. Finding it hard to make decisions....

daisie4 Fri 01-Jul-11 15:15:47

www.hammondhill.co.uk/Brintons_Carpets_-_L_product_645_37_12_0_6850.htm Sorry not good with links

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Fri 01-Jul-11 18:21:20

personally I think what you have picked will never date

Taffeta Fri 01-Jul-11 19:15:24

Can't open your link. Crucial Trading is a ridiculous price.

We refurbed the entire house 2 years ago and all of upstairs is grey carpet. I can't abide beige or sand colours of any sort and didn't want white or cream as have messy DC. I wanted one ubiquitous colour that went with both pink and blue ( DC's bedrooms' colour ). I really hate pink and brown of any sort together, it makes my teeth itch. Also have cat so didn't want sisal or anything that he could catch with his claws.

Local carpet place also much better vakue than chains.

lucyspangle Fri 01-Jul-11 21:06:07

I have had similar for 22 years- not the same carpet obviously but the same type just like the one you have choosen.Neutral 100%wool.Bought the same style every time I have moved.

Had it in a modern new build flat
Similar again in a victorian house
Have just laid similar in our current home which is a conversion

Don't think it's ever dated worked with modern furniture, stripped pine look in the victorian house and now we've big space with lots of different bits going on it looks fab.

Have always had cats and children plus I am very clumsy and no disasters.
I did make the carpet shop man laugh though when I told him I had bought six carpets over the years and they were all exactly the same.

I say go for it I don't think you will regret it.

2cool Sat 02-Jul-11 17:31:14

What about changing into laminate or floor tiles?

noddyholder Sat 02-Jul-11 17:33:14

Do not put laminate with farrow and ball the paint will jump off the walls and run away in horror

noddyholder Sat 02-Jul-11 17:34:35

I have grey too and it looks classic but modern I think beige is a bit 'developer' looking and with lovely paint I would go for something less obvious.

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 02-Jul-11 18:58:47

Noddy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now