Talk

Advanced search

Paint experts over here! Help!

(4 Posts)
Lovethesea Tue 28-Jun-11 16:50:09

Right. Moving in 10 days into our new house. I want to paint what will be the kids room as it's sugar pink and pale lilac and makes me feel a little ill. DD and DS will be sharing (they are 2 and 1).

I'm drawn to the idea of plain walls and then adding lots of fun animal stickers. Budget is, um, very tight.

White? What's a decent basic white paint? It's a north facing bedroom ... will white look awful?

Pale yellow? But I read today yellow rooms are linked to insomnia (some hotels won't use it)

Other ideas?

microserf Tue 28-Jun-11 19:53:33

we painted the kids rooms all warm cream - the same colour for ceiling, woodwork and walls. boring, but we are getting really bright curtains and putting up lots of stickers, so we didn't see the point of a strong colour. also, the carpet is a minging brown and we can't afford to replace it despite the iron mark the vendors nicely covered up on all our viewings, and it went well with the carpet.

sooz28 Tue 28-Jun-11 20:02:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lovethesea Tue 28-Jun-11 22:55:37

Cream or white trade paint perhaps.

At least white would be cheap to paint over when the marks get excessive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now