Talk

Advanced search

Help me decide - sheer panels behind curtains on poles

(4 Posts)
GeneralissimoVonBobbington Mon 27-Jun-11 21:54:57

At the windows in our bedroom, I'm putting silk curtains on a pole. We've got two sash windows with arched tops. DH is a total prude (he even turns his back on me when he gets undressed for bed hmm) but is also forever changing his clothes. He doesn't believe in dressing gowns, so he puts one lot of clothes on when he's had his shower in the morning and then gets dressed "properly" just before we leave the house. He then does this all in reverse when we get home. All this involves closing the curtains each time so no-one can see his knobbly knees and weedy legs impressive adonis like physique but HE NEVER BLOODY OPENS THEM AGAIN AFTERWARDS! Drives me absolutely crackers and I go round opening the curtains after him all the time. Not to mention the fact that I want to have some natural light so that I can do my hair and makeup in the morning.

So, this is my plan. I want to put a slim track on the window frame behind the pole, with a sheer voile curtain on it, one at each window. The voile will let the light in and save the neighbours from a fright first thing DH's modesty. They can then be drawn back (by me, I'm not such a fantasist that I think DH will do this) afterwards.

DH thinks it will look weird. I have tried explaining that I am trying to find a compromise to suit him, but to no avail. Thoughts?

browneyesblue Mon 27-Jun-11 21:59:38

It won't look weird. Ikea (amongst others) do a couple of double pole sets that do exactly what you describe here and here

Sounds like a good solution

GeneralissimoVonBobbington Mon 27-Jun-11 22:05:31

Thanks! Obviously I don't think so, but I'm hoping the avalanche of identical opinions from the MN jury will add weight grin

I already have the poles, so now I just need to find a slim enough track to put the voiles on.

cybboid Mon 27-Jun-11 22:07:12

Yes ikea do little skinny poles that go under normal poles

Or you coudl get that etched window sticky stuff, that looks really nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now