Talk

Advanced search

If someone is asking £528,000 for a house, they aren't really expecting to get over the £500,000 threshold - are they?

(12 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Fri 24-Jun-11 20:07:31

Wdy think?

lalalonglegs Fri 24-Jun-11 20:08:28

No. Weirdly random price point though.

saltyseadog Fri 24-Jun-11 20:09:11

Nope.

trixymalixy Fri 24-Jun-11 20:10:21

No, they are deluded if they thnk they'll get over the threshold.

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 24-Jun-11 20:14:54

Oh lala, how fab that you are here. You will know the area I am talking about. Its this house in the thread I did earlier about awful EA photos. Am thinking, due to proximity to SE22 and new East London Line, plus quiet residential road away from main roads, plus 4 good size beds, plus 90ft garden, that this would be worth looking at:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/1244616-Heh-heh-heh-I-think-I-have-found-the-worst-set-of-Estate-Agent-photos-EVER

lalalonglegs Fri 24-Jun-11 20:32:09

Two of the bedrooms are a terrible size (as is the bathroom which is minute). Through lounge also seems weirdly short - perhaps the measurements are wrong or perhaps they have done some strange sub-divisions in bigger rooms but the proportions seem odd (no floorplan to look at though). Biggish garden and loft to extend into and I think Forest Hill is really nice area - also, if you have daughters, it may be in the catchment area for Prendergast.

They are asking almost #100k more than any other house on that street has sold for... hmm

lalalonglegs Fri 24-Jun-11 20:33:06

Thanks for being so pleased to see me, btw - modest blush

Ponders Fri 24-Jun-11 20:42:44

"Understair's storage with metres" shock

I wonder if the vendor went for the EA who quoted the highest price despite them being semi-literate <pedant>?

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 24-Jun-11 21:23:10

I noticed the metres grin. Off to look at nethouseprices to compare ...

Doesn't really matter if the bathroom is small.

Does that look like a very nice wooden floor in the living room?

lalalonglegs Fri 24-Jun-11 22:02:43

Generally I don't see the point of big bathrooms either (unless house is huge then why not?) but this one is soooo tiny I would be surprised if it has a full-size bath in it.

No, it doesn't look like a nice wooden floor - it looks like very shiny laminate or that weird 1970s blocky parquet but will probably be lino grin.

I reckon the photos are bad because they were taken by the owner to stick on gumtree for a rental and the tenants are so untidy that the agents said it wasn't worth shooting it again until they moved out.

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 24-Jun-11 22:08:02

I am booking a viewing asap!

Ponders Fri 24-Jun-11 22:17:28

well do please report back, bibbity!

I would love to see a floor plan, as lala says the downstairs measurements are a bit odd (even allowing for the "Lobby 14'4 * 7'4")

Nice big garden (the house on the L must have no garden at all given the angle...)

take some photos of your own!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now