Talk

Advanced search

Selling property in France

(10 Posts)
Coconutfeet Fri 24-Jun-11 16:42:59

My parents want to sell a property in France. They have listed it with a local estate agent, but I think it would be worth listing it on a website for the English market. There seem to be quite a few out there but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

Thanks

Coconutfeet Fri 24-Jun-11 21:04:22

Bump

jamaisjedors Mon 27-Jun-11 20:38:06

Sorry, no idea but they could also list it with the local "notaire" - they are solicitor's and people save on the estate agent's fees (10%!) by buying with them.

They could also look at the local "Angloinfo" website/message board for tips.

Coconutfeet Mon 27-Jun-11 21:20:00

Thanks for the tips Jamais, I will suggest both to them. I didn't realise you could buy directly through a notaire.

narmada Tue 28-Jun-11 11:29:41

I sometimes look at something called greenacres/ immofrance in my daydreamy moments. Many of the listings are in english. Don't know how useful they are in terms of selling though...

Hullygully Tue 28-Jun-11 11:30:43

I would list it on every website going for maximum exposure. Google property in france and pick the top five.

bunjies Tue 28-Jun-11 12:19:47

My mates sold their house on leboncoin.fr, it's a classified ads site but has a surprisingly high success rate for sales. We've sold cars and mobile homes on there too.

bunjies Tue 28-Jun-11 12:20:30

By the way, the buyers were a family from The Netherlands!

microserf Tue 28-Jun-11 19:56:32

where is it? you never know what dh can be tempted into...

Coconutfeet Tue 28-Jun-11 21:32:57

Thanks for all the replies. I'll pass all your suggestions on.

grin Microserf - It's in Normandy, so not the most glamourous location but very pleasant nonetheless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now