Talk

Advanced search

will these go together?

(9 Posts)
katz Fri 24-Jun-11 12:25:55

this TV unit and this fish tank

We're also hopefully having this table

We'll have a through lounge dinner so they really need to go together.

manchurian Fri 24-Jun-11 12:53:44

I think so. I'd be tempted to go for the TV unit in the black & white mix to reinforce the monochrome theme.

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 12:57:56

i was thinking that too but i'm concerned the black gloss would be too dark. We've got a brown leather sofa and are having a red Arnes Jacobsen egg chair with this as the cushion fabric tying the colours together. Was also thinking of these chairs round the table

Walls and carpet will be a neutral cream

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 13:00:07

also would you go for the sideboard in black or white?

AllThreeWays Fri 24-Jun-11 13:26:20

Do you have young children?
I would think that fishtank would get kicked or knocked on if you do ! Love the tv unit

manchurian Fri 24-Jun-11 13:30:36

Hmmmmm. Maybe have the TV unit in full white and the sideboard in black? That way you won't have one solo piece in black or one solo piece in white iyswim.

I wanted those chairs in my kitchen extension (I wanted 6 - one of every colour!), but was overuled sadly...

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 15:46:08

hmm its so difficult to decide!
Allthree - no my youngest is 6 and we have a fishtank at the mo so she knows to respect it and its inhabitants. it'll go against a wall next to the tv unit so not in the centre iyswim.

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 15:46:32

manchurian - i've yet to take DH to see the chairs so i may get vetoed

katz Tue 28-Jun-11 08:00:07

took DH to see the chairs and he loves them too - yeah one decision made

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now