Talk

Advanced search

will these go together?

(9 Posts)
katz Fri 24-Jun-11 12:25:55

this TV unit and this fish tank

We're also hopefully having this table

We'll have a through lounge dinner so they really need to go together.

manchurian Fri 24-Jun-11 12:53:44

I think so. I'd be tempted to go for the TV unit in the black & white mix to reinforce the monochrome theme.

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 12:57:56

i was thinking that too but i'm concerned the black gloss would be too dark. We've got a brown leather sofa and are having a red Arnes Jacobsen egg chair with this as the cushion fabric tying the colours together. Was also thinking of these chairs round the table

Walls and carpet will be a neutral cream

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 13:00:07

also would you go for the sideboard in black or white?

AllThreeWays Fri 24-Jun-11 13:26:20

Do you have young children?
I would think that fishtank would get kicked or knocked on if you do ! Love the tv unit

manchurian Fri 24-Jun-11 13:30:36

Hmmmmm. Maybe have the TV unit in full white and the sideboard in black? That way you won't have one solo piece in black or one solo piece in white iyswim.

I wanted those chairs in my kitchen extension (I wanted 6 - one of every colour!), but was overuled sadly...

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 15:46:08

hmm its so difficult to decide!
Allthree - no my youngest is 6 and we have a fishtank at the mo so she knows to respect it and its inhabitants. it'll go against a wall next to the tv unit so not in the centre iyswim.

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 15:46:32

manchurian - i've yet to take DH to see the chairs so i may get vetoed

katz Tue 28-Jun-11 08:00:07

took DH to see the chairs and he loves them too - yeah one decision made

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: