Talk

Advanced search

Colour Conundrum

(5 Posts)
teta Fri 24-Jun-11 09:31:41

I'm having problems deciding what to paint a room thats very dark at one end and a really bright sunny conservatory at the other.I want a warm rich colour to go with terracotta and cream sofas for the 'winter' end but which will also look ok on the dwarf wall in the conservatory.F&B Dorset Cream looks good but very traditional. I have ordered a sample of Joas White and Archive to see whether they might go and look more modern.The problem is having redone my kitchen and extension in pale greys and blues everything else looks fussy and old-fashioned.Has anyone suggestions for any other colours they have used successfully in similar situations.

manchurian Fri 24-Jun-11 09:41:25

Maybe Elephant's Breath? It's more modern looking but still has the warmth that many true greys lack.

teta Fri 24-Jun-11 10:44:57

Yes,Manchurian i've tried it [have painted squares all over my sofa!] but it looks really cold in this particular room -completely different to how it looks in my kitchen.One problem is i'm trying to blend together a modern Sofa Workshop sofa and an antique very high sided french regency sofa in red.I need a colour to nullify the effect of the red confused.

manchurian Fri 24-Jun-11 10:55:10

Hmmmm. Sounds tricky! I'd be tempted to try Fawn or Oxford Stone. Or I'd go a lot paler but keep it warm with a colour like Lime White. Have you asked the people in the showroom? They are usually very good.

teta Fri 24-Jun-11 21:45:43

The showroom are no use where we live and the guy on the F&B line said he wasn't trained in colours!confused!.We have something similar to Lime White on the walls at the moment and it looks a little bland.Fawn sounds good as does Oxford Stone.Thank-you Manchurian.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now