Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moben Kitchens gone bust - my kitchen due to be delivered on Tuesday

(6 Posts)
Fisharefriendsnotfood Thu 23-Jun-11 19:18:41

sad

We stopped the cheque on time which is obviously good. Trouble is, the kitchen I want in sat in a warehouse in Manchester waiting delivery and they've closed up shop.

Does anyone know if I have any chance of getting my hand on the units if we pay cash? Will the administrators deal like this?

All help gratefully received. We have had to renovate our entire how due to flooding at christmas.,and are due to move back in in a couple of weeks. I don't have time, nor do I want another kitchen. I can get current builders to fit it so that's not an issue

PanicMode Thu 23-Jun-11 19:25:12

Keep an eye out for who the administrators are and contact them - they will be trying to get value, so you may be lucky and get 'your' kitchen at cost/cheaper than you were going to pay.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Thu 23-Jun-11 19:35:55

Has anyone had any dealings with a similar situation? Thanks panic. I just really can't afford much time delay at all

Clarence15 Thu 23-Jun-11 20:17:39

Dh and I have just been reading about this, he used to work for moben until he left to set up on his own.

What a nightmare, but glad u managed to stop the cheque. Not sure where you stand but agree that if you can find out who the administrators are and contact them quickly they might be able to advise. It seems that they are hoping to find a buyer which might mean that moben will continue and may therefore take on all the outstanding orders. Otherwise have you thought of contacting them via kitchens direct, which is their Internet business? Might be worth a try.

Good luck

mylovelymonster Thu 23-Jun-11 20:44:13

Hello. I have no personal experience, but from bits and pieces picked up on the way, I believe that if an order from a supplier in receivership has been assigned to you as per your agreed order i.e. specially got together to fulfill your order, just not delivered to you yet then you have every chance of claiming that order. Might rely on you having paid for it though!! But well done for stopping payment as probably saved a great deal of hassle.
I would have thought that if you find out who the assigned administrators are and contact them directly, you would have a good chance of getting your hands on it still (hope it's complete!! Don't do it if the order is missing bits & bobs - don't they always??) - after all, it would be tailored for your space and would provide some funds towards settling the company's finances, However, not sure if you would be able to purchase from the company now it is officially not trading.
Bit of a dog's dinner, but HTH, at all!!

mylovelymonster Thu 23-Jun-11 20:45:59

Ah, so not yet in receivership then. Better chance then, I would have thought.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now