Talk

Advanced search

What lighting do you have in sloping roof in non-kitchen area if not spotlights?

(13 Posts)
said Wed 22-Jun-11 22:08:39

Don't really want spotlights in a dining part of kitchen diner. So, what do you have? Thanks

kbaby Wed 22-Jun-11 22:18:17

What about some modern wall lights combined with lamps

said Wed 22-Jun-11 22:34:29

I will do lamp/s but I'm not so keen on wall lights. I need one for over the table (which may also be a seating area if I get bored and move furniture around)

DisparityCausesInstability Wed 22-Jun-11 22:51:52

Would pendants work?

teta Thu 23-Jun-11 09:22:25

I would do pendants on a dimmer switch and maybe a few led spots on a separate switch for task-lighting.I don't think a chandelier etc. would look right unless the space is large and the ceiling is very high.

eeyore2 Thu 23-Jun-11 15:01:26

I would recommend some simple plaster wall lights, preferably up-lighting. You paint the lights the same colour as your walls. Like these: on Amazon or these

said Thu 23-Jun-11 15:52:12

Thanks for teh ideas. Trouble with walllights is that we'd still need lighting over the table. I want pendant lights but builder seems to think would look odd.

eeyore2 Thu 23-Jun-11 16:05:25

yes, pendant lights will look wrong on sloping ceilings.
Other ideas are surface-mounted spots mounted on the sloping ceiling that look pretty cool and a bit retro, like this or even some recessed up-lighters in the floor around where your dining table would go? Like this

DisparityCausesInstability Thu 23-Jun-11 16:44:14

Have seen pedants hang from a sloping ceiling many times and it looks fine - do you trust your builder's design sense?

said Thu 23-Jun-11 20:58:44

Hmm, builder has had some ideas that I hadn't thought of but, no, he's not an interior designerBut then,neither am I confused It's made more troublesome by there being a velux window over where table would be so trying to figure out if pendant/s nearby would look odd or ok. Need to see a picture to reassure me it won't look crap. But, what else do you have?

DisparityCausesInstability Thu 23-Jun-11 22:12:44

Or how about lighting on a bar which is then hung from the sloped ceiling = trying to find a link but not being successful. What style is your room?

DisparityCausesInstability Fri 24-Jun-11 11:14:16

Something like these

www.lightingstyles.co.uk/Ceiling/MultiArmFitting/suspension-pendants-%26-lights/

said Fri 24-Jun-11 17:40:12

Yes, I quite like some of those. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now