Talk

Advanced search

Which colour carpet to go with F&B Skimming Stone?

(10 Posts)
3become4 Wed 22-Jun-11 10:03:22

Am re-carpeting most of the house but most of the rooms are white/TBC with the exception of the hall which we've decided to paint Skimming Stone (with white woodwork). What colour carpet would you go for? It needs to be practical so am torn between grey and sort of "greige" I suppose you'd call it confused. Probably London Stone or Irish Linen here. Tempted by grey/London Stone as think/hope it might look quite statement and contemporary but worried it will date badly and a more neutral/Irish Linen is a safer bet (especially when we come to sell).

Anyone have an opinion?!

noddyholder Wed 22-Jun-11 10:15:44

I think the neutral is safe and I always use it in renovations but have used grey in the house we are in now and absolutely it looks more stylish and contemporary. We have just sold the house and both couples who offered commented on it! It gives a more high end finished look and doesn;t have a 60 minute makeover vibe. It is classic and I don't think it will date I am definitely having it in our new place it made all our furniture look 'new'

belsize77 Wed 22-Jun-11 11:23:19

Noddy - Can I ask what shade of grey you used. Was it the greige type on the link (which, by the way 3become4 , imho doesn't look that grey in real life as I have seen a sample of it from Comar) or a more true grey? I quite fancy a grey stair and landing carpet but worry it might look a bit somber in real life.

DukesOfTripHazard Wed 22-Jun-11 12:36:55

I have skimming stone in my bedroom and if it had a carpet (is wood) it would be a dark grey. Think London Stone in your link is nice, safe and wouldn't date at all.

noddyholder Wed 22-Jun-11 12:58:27

It is a true grey not any sort of 'eige' grin Will find link if I can

DisparityCausesInstability Wed 22-Jun-11 13:00:01

I'm loving the Axminister Jacob range - beautiful greys with a fleck so they are easy to live with - even the dark ones.

Whorulestheroost Wed 22-Jun-11 14:12:56

We have skimming stone in our lounge and went for a 100% wool cream Berber. There is a very pale fleck in it and has worn well after 3 years of being down

3become4 Wed 22-Jun-11 16:25:26

Thanks all, that's really interesting and I'm definitely swaying towards London Stone now (but will take a look at the Axminister range too). Sadly don't think our house will survive a cream carpet like you Whorules!

Belsize - which is the colour you don't think looks like true grey? The London Stone seems to look very grey in our house/light. Although I am worried it looks too somber, as you said, in the loft which is really bright...

Would love to see that link too Noddy if you can find it.

noddyholder Wed 22-Jun-11 17:17:22

this is the exact colour but ours is a finer weave I think.Discontinued now with crucial trading which is a worry! I think I will get the one in teh link next.

3become4 Wed 22-Jun-11 17:32:29

Oh, ok that does look more grey... not sure if I'm more or less confused now.

The Axminster greys look good too... why do I always leave these decisions until the last minute?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now