Talk

Advanced search

Half a million quid, two loos, one shower, no bath

(9 Posts)
nameywameynamechange Mon 20-Jun-11 19:23:46

Obviously I've name-changed for this as it's a house near where I live:

www.chartersestateagents.co.uk/search_results.php?GType=2&EAID=902&perpage=12&priceOrder=Desc&ShowSTC=ON&xslt=1&rentalperiod=0&Glazing_type=&MinPrice=400000&MaxPrice=500000&Bedrooms=0&GlobalPropType=&Submit=Search

That link doesn't work too well in preview, so scroll down to the white-painted mid-terraced house then click on more details (and then maybe scroll up on the next screen).

I know houses go for silly money around here, but this seems extraordinary. My flabber has never been so gasted (and that's not a pretty sight wink).

TeamLemon Mon 20-Jun-11 19:28:00

Can't get "more details"! I think we've broken it!

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 20-Jun-11 19:28:29

Groovee radiator.

<<sizzle>>

nameywameynamechange Mon 20-Jun-11 20:10:43

Team - the website doesn't work very well (which confused me), but if you click on "more details" and just get a black page, you need to scroll up as the link goes to the bottom of the page rather than the top where the photos and the floorplan are.

Chaos - aah, the purple radiator. Or is it mauve? I dunno - I go for the ablutionary practicalities; the rest is magnolia.

Hassled Mon 20-Jun-11 20:13:00

Why is there a narrow garden path leading to a row of plantpots?

mylovelymonster Mon 20-Jun-11 21:04:23

The plant pots look as though they're about to fall over as the teeny 'garden' slope sideways grin/
Is really a two bed if it had a proper bathroom. It is a joke with a new paint job. Don't buy it!!

chandellina Tue 21-Jun-11 08:39:14

where i live (SE London) - you can pay £500k for a house with one downstairs bathroom, or a sole loo tucked behind a third bedroom. nothing surprises me anymore.

EvelynBakerLang Tue 21-Jun-11 08:43:23

I am unsurprised. I suppose that might be giving away my location, but still... Amazing what people will pay for a 'fashionable' school catchment and an easy commute.

Fimbo Tue 21-Jun-11 10:27:25

A mighty trek through the house to get to the shower grin. I know it is the way the houses were built but i never understand showers in utility rooms unless you live on a farm or have a job doing something mucky.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: