Talk

Advanced search

Half a million quid, two loos, one shower, no bath

(9 Posts)
nameywameynamechange Mon 20-Jun-11 19:23:46

Obviously I've name-changed for this as it's a house near where I live:

www.chartersestateagents.co.uk/search_results.php?GType=2&EAID=902&perpage=12&priceOrder=Desc&ShowSTC=ON&xslt=1&rentalperiod=0&Glazing_type=&MinPrice=400000&MaxPrice=500000&Bedrooms=0&GlobalPropType=&Submit=Search

That link doesn't work too well in preview, so scroll down to the white-painted mid-terraced house then click on more details (and then maybe scroll up on the next screen).

I know houses go for silly money around here, but this seems extraordinary. My flabber has never been so gasted (and that's not a pretty sight wink).

TeamLemon Mon 20-Jun-11 19:28:00

Can't get "more details"! I think we've broken it!

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 20-Jun-11 19:28:29

Groovee radiator.

<<sizzle>>

nameywameynamechange Mon 20-Jun-11 20:10:43

Team - the website doesn't work very well (which confused me), but if you click on "more details" and just get a black page, you need to scroll up as the link goes to the bottom of the page rather than the top where the photos and the floorplan are.

Chaos - aah, the purple radiator. Or is it mauve? I dunno - I go for the ablutionary practicalities; the rest is magnolia.

Hassled Mon 20-Jun-11 20:13:00

Why is there a narrow garden path leading to a row of plantpots?

mylovelymonster Mon 20-Jun-11 21:04:23

The plant pots look as though they're about to fall over as the teeny 'garden' slope sideways grin/
Is really a two bed if it had a proper bathroom. It is a joke with a new paint job. Don't buy it!!

chandellina Tue 21-Jun-11 08:39:14

where i live (SE London) - you can pay £500k for a house with one downstairs bathroom, or a sole loo tucked behind a third bedroom. nothing surprises me anymore.

EvelynBakerLang Tue 21-Jun-11 08:43:23

I am unsurprised. I suppose that might be giving away my location, but still... Amazing what people will pay for a 'fashionable' school catchment and an easy commute.

Fimbo Tue 21-Jun-11 10:27:25

A mighty trek through the house to get to the shower grin. I know it is the way the houses were built but i never understand showers in utility rooms unless you live on a farm or have a job doing something mucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now