Talk

Advanced search

Beds/ Herts or move to the coast? Help!!

(5 Posts)
mulberryless Mon 20-Jun-11 15:24:57

I have a 3yr old and moved back to home town of Luton 2yr ago to be near grandparents. IT IS AWFUL HERE. Do we buy a smaller house in nicer surrounding area or move down to south coast, sussex or hampshire. My daughter was born in Southampton and we came here to be near my family. Has anyone lived in both areas and have any pros/cons? Many thanks

culturemulcher Tue 21-Jun-11 10:41:56

I guess it depends on where you work. If you work from home and can live anywhere, then why not move to the coast?

If you have to commute into London, then I guess it depends on how important getting home within 45 / 60 / 90 / 120 minutes is. We'd have loved to live by the coast, but in the end opted for Beds/Herts boarder because of the faster commute.

Would you consider moving back to Southampton?

Wigeon Wed 22-Jun-11 13:28:16

What specifically don't you like about Luton? Not being sarcastic - just trying to help you identify what your criteria are for a place to live.

wimpybar Wed 22-Jun-11 13:35:21

i don't blame you grin what about surrounding areas to Luton?

mulberryless Wed 22-Jun-11 16:19:51

Thanks for replying everyone! Was having a right day. Went to local park and witnessed some rather 'interesting' photography going on in the car next to me whilst I was trying to put dd scooter in the boot. Tipped me over the edge!! I think it is because the town has changed sooo much since my childhood . Although the town centre is a bit grim there are some pretty places very close. I guess its down to us to decide, family or sea? (husband works near Heathrow and I'm stay at home but a teacher by job so could go anywhere) Does anyone live Southampton/ sussex and miss being closer to London?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now