Talk

Advanced search

Do you live in Stoke Newington?

(13 Posts)
Daydreaming Mon 20-Jun-11 13:00:30

I live in Highbury, but need to move somewhere bigger, and have found a nice house in N16, just south of Clissold Park.

I know the area reasonably well, but have never lived there. I would really welcome any comments you may have. Schools are not a consideration.

Adair Mon 20-Jun-11 13:03:07

Yup, we used to live there. Lovely.

Adair Mon 20-Jun-11 13:03:41

(We moved out to Walthamstow for bigger house with garden)

iwantavuvezela Mon 20-Jun-11 13:05:11

Lived there ....... loved it - and clissold park has just been rejuvenated .... i miss church street! (moved out as needed some more space ....... like adair); the shakespeare pub; the little coffee shops all over the neighbourhood .......
which street is the house?

Daydreaming Mon 20-Jun-11 13:09:43

Thanks Adair, that's good to hear. I guess for me it's a mental adjustment about moving from Islington to Hackney !! grin

I am currently in a lovely quiet street that feels quite safe. The new street seems nice, very typical with late Victorian terrace houses. What I am most concerned about is safety, and also whether I am likely to have horrible/noisy neighbours.... (but I guess you can get there anywhere)

Daydreaming Mon 20-Jun-11 13:12:08

iwant - It's the one that runs parallel to clissold crescent...

Adair Mon 20-Jun-11 13:16:00

It's very near the school which may or may not bother you. We lived on Manor Road (big main road parallel to church st) and felt very safe - nice neighbours etc.

Daydreaming Mon 20-Jun-11 15:15:47

anyone else?

Stokey38 Mon 20-Jun-11 15:21:04

Moved from Stokey a year ago and miss it terribly. We couldn't afford a house so we moved South of the river. Stoke Newington has really turned into Islington overspill so you should love it!

Daydreaming Mon 20-Jun-11 20:33:02

Thanks Stokey. I hope it will be ok. Moving is such a big decision....

Stokey38 Tue 21-Jun-11 11:06:52

I know, but I Stokey really is great and loads to do with children and nice community feel. It's the poshest bit of Hackney! We really loved it there and still really accessible to Highbury for all the nice things there as well.

trifling Tue 21-Jun-11 11:22:57

Lovely road, lovely area, much nicer than Islington imo, and I have lived here for decades and never worried about safety. If you are really worried about noise go and sit outside the house in the evening? Or knock on the neighbours' doors and ask?

Daydreaming Tue 21-Jun-11 13:19:09

Thanks for all the reassurance !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now