Talk

Advanced search

Any good, reliable, cheap websites for kitting out a house?

(7 Posts)
ajuba Sun 19-Jun-11 16:27:11

I'm looking for all sorts of things; bathroom suite, taps etc, wood flooring, internal and external doors. Does anyone have any recommendations? need to be reasonably good quality but cheaper than the high street. Also, paint, wallpaper...the list goes on and on!

ThunderboltKid Sun 19-Jun-11 20:31:45

Victoria plumb is good for all things bathroom. Really good quality but much cheaper than bathstore equivalent. I've been pricing up our new bathroom and it comes to around £800 for sink, toilet, bath with screen, shower, taps, waste etc.

ajuba Sun 19-Jun-11 20:35:13

Yes, I've been looking at their website. Have you actually ordered from them though? and what about delivery? will they charge separately for separate items?

sixtiesqueen Sun 19-Jun-11 21:02:18

I'm put off VIctoria Plumb and bath store because none of their stuff is branded. We are on our second renovation - we used unbranded stuff in the first house and it was all a bit rubbish 6 years down the line.

I found plumb nation excellent for branded stuff. Came the next day as well.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ajuba Mon 20-Jun-11 10:17:12

Thanks all. Any more ideas? especially with paint and flooring. On a tight budget.

teta Mon 20-Jun-11 12:21:53

I woud Recommend Wickes for tiles[buy when discounts are on !]and joinery.If you want specific colour paints get them colour-matched at a trade paint shop in a cheaper range [ie.Macphersons versus Dulux].Victoria Plumb is fine but sometimes fitting is a problem[slightly different to other standard products]-but it is really good value.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now