Talk

Advanced search

Long shot... but does anybody know how come a shower can "produce" greasy water?

(6 Posts)
Maelstrom Sat 18-Jun-11 22:22:59

That's the question.

The water from the bath tap is fine, I have been using the "telephone" thing to wash my hair and everything is ok.

However, if I use the shower, it is a completely different story, I can wash my hair three times and it looks worse than before I started . It feels as if I had applied handcream to it. Well, kind of.

Any clues? it is a mains shower powered by a "new" combi boiler. Having said that... other taps in the bathroom do not seem to have the same problem...

fivegomadindorset Sat 18-Jun-11 22:24:55

How old is it? From DH

nocake Sat 18-Jun-11 22:50:29

Try cleaning the shower head.

Maelstrom Sun 19-Jun-11 09:11:06

Five, it is at least 10 years old, but could be up to 16. They were trying to change the valve last week, but the problem has been there for at least 6-8 months. THe boiler was changed last year so... I don't think they are related..

Nocake, will clean the shower head today, but I can't imagine so much oily stuff being produced in it.

PorkChopSter Sun 19-Jun-11 09:19:36

Can you change the shower hose? Usually just screws in.

I'd suspect decomposing animal in water tank but if it's a combi boiler there's no chance of that. Look on the bright side wink

Maelstrom Sun 19-Jun-11 09:36:38

no shower hose, I'm afraid. Happy on the knowledge there are no corpses in the unexistant water tank grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now