Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on Teddington - Good place to live for young families?

(7 Posts)
rainydaysarerubbish Fri 17-Jun-11 13:46:02

As the title says really for those of you living in Teddington what do you think of it. We are currently living in west London but want to move a bit further out as we have recently had a daughter. We still need to commute in for work and Teddington looks good for transport as well as green space etc.

Nancy66 Sat 18-Jun-11 11:44:51

Yes - good schools, good shops, close to Richmond, close to Kingstone - lovely area. Expensive though

Fiddledee Sat 18-Jun-11 17:45:58

If you are looking at state schools in the future then look closely at the catchment areas they are very small, also people flocking for the secondary school as one of the few okay state schools in the area. It is expensive given the longish commute IMO. Good shopping.

If you are looking for a cheaper area then Hampton is popular, again good state primary schools.

Gastonladybird Sat 18-Jun-11 18:01:28

What fiddledee says- it's a nice area but schools are over subscribed by a massive degree and its predicted to get worse. Also minimum Commute about 40 minutes. And there is the heathens flight path issue (you may have this anyway if in west London). Also not sure what your budget is but it can be pricey compared to neighbouring areas like Hampton. Tbh if I was had young kids and was looking at state schools I would think twice.

That said nice shops restaurants and general stuff for kids (and places like bushy park).

Gastonladybird Sat 18-Jun-11 18:09:00

Skim over mumsnet local- richmond upon thames thread as this gives you some ideas (balancing fact quite a lot of
Families in area v school places issue)

washedup Sat 18-Jun-11 23:18:22

We moved from west London to teddington in the past year and are really happy with our move. feel free to pm me.

KateMiddletonsEyebrows Sat 18-Jun-11 23:48:26

it is quite expensive; friends looked there but decided on hampton hill instead (bigger house, good schools)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now