Talk

Advanced search

How long does it take to sell a house (and I ealise that is like asking how long is a piece of string), but...

(7 Posts)
HauntedLittleLunatic Thu 16-Jun-11 21:53:22

How long between getting EAs in to value and sell their services to us doe sit actually "go on the market"?

What sort of range could be expect it to be on market? Anywhere I can find out current local average?

Once we have accepting an offer how long does it take typically to get to moving day?

SybilBeddows Fri 17-Jun-11 10:40:56

they can get you on the market within a few days if they try.

time on market - I believe the average is around 90 days but obviously it varies from weeks to years. Try asking your local agents? The info might be on Rightmove somewhere.

time from accepting to moving - couple of months with a straightforward proceedable cash offer, but usually longer.

Pinkjenny Fri 17-Jun-11 10:46:38

We were told the average in our street was 51 days. This is our eleventh month on the market.

<<shoots self>>

HettyAmaretti Fri 17-Jun-11 10:50:17

From finding an estate agent to going on the market can be done in a week, IME.

According to our agent, if you don't have serious interest within a month then it's likely to take a long time to sell.

Fimbo Fri 17-Jun-11 10:51:30

From the estate agent taking it on to their books to getting it on rightmove is not long. I think our estate agent came in the morning and by the afternoon it was on rightmove. Sometimes they put them on without pics etc until they get them.

Zoopla is a good website to look at.

gregssausageroll Fri 17-Jun-11 13:32:20

I am an estate agent but up in Scotland. We usually say 5 working days from being appointed but we have home reports etc to be sorted as well.

At the moment, when people ask me how long properties are taking to sell I am completely honest (I don't work in a big city - think averaged sized town) and say that property is taking a while to sell. You need to think months rather than weeks so if it sells before that then it is a nice surprise. If you are in it for the longhaul then you won't be deflated if you are not under offer within a few weeks.

Don't be greedy. Keep your price down and be prepared to negotiate.

HauntedLittleLunatic Fri 17-Jun-11 13:43:43

Ty...need to move this time next year. That would be an ideal scenario. Sounds like I wouldn't want to leave it much longer.

however

Would go into rented if sells before that.

Would think about a part exchange on a new build if I am still trying to sell in 12m

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now