Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oh no it's sold

(16 Posts)
minipen Thu 16-Jun-11 13:15:02

Absolutely devastated, I have been saving up since January!

Peter Jones from Dragons Den, it was one of his houses and would have been perfect for us, the office was perfect for MNing sad

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28346233.html

teta Thu 16-Jun-11 13:24:27

Its a bit soulless isn't it?.A bit new home 'interior designer' new build.The kitchen is truly dreadful and why the cheap looking nasty lights everywhere?.Surely he can afford a few antiques or paintings or a few bits of eclectic furniture.

minipen Thu 16-Jun-11 13:53:55

It was the office that really made me laugh, it's so white, great practical family home I thought, anyway I shall empty my money box & buy a kit kat instead.

I still rather like Peter Jones though

mummytime Thu 16-Jun-11 14:06:36

If you are selling a house in that price bracket you normally get it totally redecorated in neutral. Have to say if I had 3 million I wouldn't want to live there (I have become a snob in my old age).

SybilBeddows Thu 16-Jun-11 16:18:56

oh is that why all the houses I look at online is so hideously white Mummytime? I've been looking at houses thinking you'd need sunglasses on all the time to live there because of all the glare.

not that the stuff I am looking at is in that price bracket.

SybilBeddows Thu 16-Jun-11 16:19:23

are so hideously white

Fimbo Thu 16-Jun-11 16:20:22

I hate houses with fireplaces in the bloody hall. What's the point? He has a gaggle of children, it doesn't look lived in at all.

Pinkjenny Thu 16-Jun-11 16:20:49

I love it. Infact, I'm the buyer <<twirls>>

Fimbo Thu 16-Jun-11 16:21:26

My house is all white with lovely sticky marks all over the place - pesky dc. grin

Fimbo Thu 16-Jun-11 16:25:28

Has anyone taken the virtual tour with the voiceover? Ha ha hilarious, I am forevermore going to refer to my ensuite as a "bathing chamber'. Oh feck grin

Pinkjenny Thu 16-Jun-11 16:39:21

Mine too, Fimbo. Bloody kids. Or more accurately, ds.

minipen Thu 16-Jun-11 16:52:16

The voiceover makes it even better, surely they could afford more than a robot to do it.

A bathing chamber? I hope that name catches on - shame there isn't a photo of it then I'd know if I had one

microserf Thu 16-Jun-11 21:50:51

oh bother, that was our backup house in case our flat purchase fell through.

theyoungvisiter Thu 16-Jun-11 21:53:46

that is one mega ugly house.

Goes to show, £3million can't buy you taste.

risingstar Fri 17-Jun-11 14:01:41

loving the chandaliers in the kitchen!

dolceebanana Tue 21-Jun-11 14:22:24

mmm....it's truly tasteless. Think they must have bought the lot of the interior furnishings in one weekend from Harrods. Sort of thing people with money but no style do...I used to like Peter Jones but think he's a bit full of himself these days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now