Talk

Advanced search

F&B users - what standard of paint do you put on the ceiling?

(6 Posts)
DisparityCausesInstability Thu 16-Jun-11 07:46:57

If you use a beautiful paint (F&B or such like) on your walls, do you continue the look on to your ceilings with a white in the same range or do you go for a pure brilliant white?

Thebonkers Thu 16-Jun-11 07:51:03

go for dulux white..all the time. I never use F&B by the way as think its a complete rip off but use little greene which is fabulous instead and they do a wipeable matt colour - which with kids/animals in the house is great and their colours very very good. Goes on better and goes much further than F&B imo smile

DisparityCausesInstability Thu 16-Jun-11 08:02:04

Yes I think I'm a bit smitten with Little Greene's Ultimatte but just wondered what to put on the ceiling. How about the bathroom and kitchen? They should be well ventilated...but the ceiling in the kitchen may need a scrub to remove grease.

manchurian Thu 16-Jun-11 08:30:46

I always just put Dulux pure brilliant white. I have enough trouble deciding wall colours without worrying about the ceiling as well!

teta Thu 16-Jun-11 08:59:39

The trouble is PBW doesn't always go with some F&B colours.We painted the boot room with Farrows Cream and PBW and it looked awful.I had to dash out and buy some Pointing.Failing that a crown or Dulux 'old white' might look better [used to use Gardenia Dulux trade].

microserf Thu 16-Jun-11 21:41:50

for general ceilings, i used F&B wimbourne white estate. it looks lovely. complete waste of money, but it looks lovely.

talking about wasting money, for bathroom, we used F&B modern emulsion. F&B said too, but i am not convinced really.

ultimatt is bloody wonderful stuff by the way, we have LG in the hallway and the finish is amazing. looks like a damn art gallery at the mo. am sure dd and ds will make their own artistic contributions in due course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now