Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

wall colours. help needed!

(5 Posts)
manchurian Wed 15-Jun-11 22:49:48

I currently have a stained glass window in my sitting room with this green glass and this dark pink glass.

I'm trying to find a wall colour that won't jar with either. I'm not really after one that necessarily "goes" with them exactly as they form a very small part of the room, just something that won't look odd. I really wanted a tealy colour, lines of F&B Dix Blue, but am worried this will be too blue.

Any thoughts or suggestions on colours would be very much appreciated! I'm becoming so frustrated I'm considering painting the whole thing in beige!

teta Wed 15-Jun-11 23:20:54

What about Teresa's Green or Green Blue.Both greeny-blues,or Pale Powder.To be honest most F&B colours seem to be fairly subtle once on the wall.I love the stained glass panels Manchurian.

manchurian Wed 15-Jun-11 23:23:25

Thanks. I love Teresa's Green also considering that - you don't think the blueyness will clash with the very standard green in the glass?

Sadly my glass isn't in those pretty patterns it's just blocks of colour, but those were the closest colour matches I could find online.

7to25 Wed 15-Jun-11 23:46:29

I initially thought borrowed light....a paler version than Dix Blue. It would be a pretty traditional choice to go with these colours.
I don't think that the blueness would clash with the green. it is easy to get a bit obsessed when it comes to detail, but when the paint goes up, everything is fine.

teta Thu 16-Jun-11 09:04:52

No,i don't,because they are green tinged blue.I know how it is though obsessing over colours!.I have just sent a picture of our new painted kitchen [in Skimming Stone and Elephants Breath and Light blue] to my dh overseas and his comment was 'why have you painted the whole kitchen white'?.wtf?.Do men not see colour?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now