Talk

Advanced search

help! painting colour disaster

(6 Posts)
microserf Tue 14-Jun-11 19:38:26

i hired someone to help with the colours for our bedroom. the colours looked lovely on the sample cards she painted, but they look horrible on the walls. the ceiling was meant to be a greyish offwhite, but came up dark grey. the walls were meant to be a greyish lavender, but are bloody mauve. dh's comment was "i didn't realise you were going for "dentist waiting room" as a look" sad.

the paints are fine, it's just that our room doesn't get a lot of light, so everything looks a lot darker than it should, especially the ceiling.

so, please help me. i have tomorrow morning to fix it. i am definitely using wimbourne white for the ceiling and woodwork as it looks lovely in the other rooms and i am desperate. can you please suggest a nice warmish colour in the F&B range that would look nice on the walls with wimbourne white?

we have skimming stone in the lounge, but it is definitely going to be too dark in the bedroom.

i know this is a silly problem to have, but i'm going to have a team of painters staring at me tomorrow with hmm faces as to try to sort this out.

7to25 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:37:53

What colours have been used already?

7to25 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:45:18

How about Welcome Pale from Little Greene for the Walls and White (not PBW) for the ceiling.
White is my go-to for ceilings unless very high or very light room.

microserf Tue 14-Jun-11 20:49:08

OK, we have:

kids rooms: all wimbourne white
hall: joanna by little greene (i really love that colour) with a wimbourne white ceiling and woodwork - looks amazing.
lounge and kitchen: skimming stone with wimbourne white ceiling and woodwork

i quite like the look of welcome pale! i love the finish of the LG ultimatt paints.

i was wondering about slipper satin for the bedroom, but is it too neutral?

7to25 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:57:51

Slipper Satin is very nice, It is a bit hard to say when You don't know the room or what will be in it. if you have dark furniture, it will look great. Must admit that I do not like "flesh" colours, but that is just me. I think it is quite a 1930's colour.

noddyholder Wed 15-Jun-11 10:43:19

Lime white is lovely too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now