Talk

Advanced search

Velux blinds

(5 Posts)
3become4 Tue 14-Jun-11 11:35:32

I am about to buy some (genuine) Velux blinds (probably from Blinds 2 Go so I can claim some cashback too!) but am a bit stuck. I can't decide between regular black out blinds or the (more expensive) duo black out blind. Does anyone have any opinions? I also have the white velux windows but only the standard black out blinds come with the option of matching white fascia and side channels. The duo blinds only come with aluminium fascia etc. Will that look rubbish with white windows?

And don't even get me started on which colour I'm going to pick confused.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I am too pregnant to be making any decisions!

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Tue 14-Jun-11 11:37:18

I have standard black outs on mine so have no idea if the duo ones are any better. The standard ones do keep out all the light though - if that's one of your concerns?

3become4 Tue 14-Jun-11 11:45:38

Thanks SmartArse! That is a concern as the skylights are on a south facing roof and will be pretty much right above the bed! Which is why I am thinking about the duo option to help reduce the power of the sun without blocking the light out altogether. But they might look rubbish...

Too many options... and not cheap either...!

FetchTheMaid Wed 15-Jun-11 22:22:18

I bought dark blue black out blinds for two bedrooms - aluminium side bits. Very impressed - one room is south facing and you'd think it was midnight in winter during the day.
I think it was also Blinds 2 Go that I got them from. Bought some and was impressed with service but waited a bit until I could afford more - and when I looked a few months later there was a massive sale on - so might be worth waiting and biding time if you've a lot to buy.

3become4 Thu 16-Jun-11 10:28:55

Thanks Fetch. I've ordered the cobalt blue with white fascias etc now so fingers crossed they look (and work) ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now