Talk

Advanced search

Martindale rub test and ability to clean marks off upholstery fabric...

(4 Posts)
belsize77 Tue 14-Jun-11 09:56:22

Bit of a random question but does anyone know whether a fabric that has a really high martindale score (like 100k or over) and could be used for contract upholstery would be better to spot clean stains or marks off than a normal fabric with a much lower score.

swanker Tue 14-Jun-11 11:48:32

no idea but bumping for you.

Is it for restaurant seating?

belsize77 Tue 14-Jun-11 13:01:56

Thanks very much. No it's actually just for a couple of table stools for my living room. As I won't need much fabric I would push the boat out and get something unsusual (and expensive) but as my children will be on them all the time and cups of tea will get spilt I just want to make sure I get the best thing possible...

swanker Tue 14-Jun-11 13:39:38

Ah... we have a type of ultrasuede on our sofas (from Habitat)- it is very hardwearing, and was treated by manufacturer with a stain repellant (not scotchguard but industry similar type)
I have washed off chocolate, vomit, milk, tea, coffee, and even a hideous wax crayon scribble (thanks DS) all with a warm cloth- it's great stuff. Sofas are 10 yo now, but look like only 2years or so.
Sadly I've no idea what the fabric is called, or where you'd get it, but I;m sure shops would know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: