Talk

Advanced search

Martindale rub test and ability to clean marks off upholstery fabric...

(4 Posts)
belsize77 Tue 14-Jun-11 09:56:22

Bit of a random question but does anyone know whether a fabric that has a really high martindale score (like 100k or over) and could be used for contract upholstery would be better to spot clean stains or marks off than a normal fabric with a much lower score.

swanker Tue 14-Jun-11 11:48:32

no idea but bumping for you.

Is it for restaurant seating?

belsize77 Tue 14-Jun-11 13:01:56

Thanks very much. No it's actually just for a couple of table stools for my living room. As I won't need much fabric I would push the boat out and get something unsusual (and expensive) but as my children will be on them all the time and cups of tea will get spilt I just want to make sure I get the best thing possible...

swanker Tue 14-Jun-11 13:39:38

Ah... we have a type of ultrasuede on our sofas (from Habitat)- it is very hardwearing, and was treated by manufacturer with a stain repellant (not scotchguard but industry similar type)
I have washed off chocolate, vomit, milk, tea, coffee, and even a hideous wax crayon scribble (thanks DS) all with a warm cloth- it's great stuff. Sofas are 10 yo now, but look like only 2years or so.
Sadly I've no idea what the fabric is called, or where you'd get it, but I;m sure shops would know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now