Talk

Advanced search

Anyone selling their house and feel it's a bit messy - take heart and check this out...

(12 Posts)
louby78 Sun 12-Jun-11 13:59:39

Anyone with young children and trying to sell their house will know only to well what a nightmare it is to try and keep it clean and clutter free.

Fear not....check this delight out.

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30364375.html

Jux Sun 12-Jun-11 14:05:56

That's a damn good deal. 3 bed house and 3 bed bungalow for 400,000. Original fittings, beautiful fireplaces. I'll have it! OK, it's a bit of a mess......

DaisySteiner Sun 12-Jun-11 14:08:13

"in our opinion the whole site is ripe for development project subject to the appropriate planning permission being obtained. "

Doesn't sound as though those beautiful fireplaces will be restored though. sad

GnomeDePlume Sun 12-Jun-11 15:46:33

Daisy the sad thing is that it is quite possibly structurally unsound so whoever buys would have a huge restoration project on their hands. There is no money in that unfortunately. The fireplaces may well go to architectural salvage if they are in reasonable nick.

DaisySteiner Sun 12-Jun-11 15:54:56

<sob> I bet that house was beautiful in its day

TheFarSide Sun 12-Jun-11 15:57:28

I was thinking it was messy but not dirty ... until I got to the photos of the kitchen ...

thehairybabysmum Sun 12-Jun-11 16:01:26

Blimey thats just up the road from me!! Im kind of looking for a new project but that is quite shock

Mind you given that it is a big site from the sound of it there is no way it will stay as 2 houses. Poppleton v desirable area soexpect they will redevelop teh land.

LordSucre Sun 12-Jun-11 16:16:13

bet is smells 'ripe' in there too.

hksi Sun 12-Jun-11 16:18:44

That made me feel really sad. Imagine getting a stage in your life when you had to live like that due to mental health issues or fraility sad

Marlinspike Sun 12-Jun-11 16:19:28

...well, it's a fixer-upper isn't it!

There must be some "history" to it...ie someone DIED in there!

ATripperToTheLast Sun 12-Jun-11 16:57:09

Seeing houses like that really saddens me. I viewed a house, not in such a sorry state, but it had been lived in by a man who had no other family. It was obvious that he had been taken ill quite suddenly, and died. All his possessions were still in situ, change on the side table, slippers by the door, cards on the mantel, medication in his cupboard (walk in larder, I wasn't that nosey!) Dp was dead set on having this house, and we put an offer in, but I was so filled with gloom by it that when our offer was refused, I was very glad. I think if it had been empty of the possessions, I would have felt alright about it. It just felt so wrong to think of moving into 'his' house.

sunshineatlast Sun 12-Jun-11 21:56:23

agree with hksi sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now