Talk

Advanced search

How picky do you get with tradesmen?

(5 Posts)
DisparityCausesInstability Sun 12-Jun-11 08:17:48

We are having some work done and looking at a few of the finishes - they are not good. A corner isn't plastered smoothly - doesn't look straight from the side - a little wonky so to speak - dh thinks we should just sand it. Also the mitre on a few of the architraves is a bit gappy - some could be filled but other bits the wood has get shot the right angle.

Dh is pretty laid back about stuff like this - wouldn't notice it till I point it out - he thinks I'm being a bit petty and will piss the builder off by picking holes in with the small stuff.

What do you do - how much of a perfectionist are you with someone else's work?

DisparityCausesInstability Sun 12-Jun-11 08:19:05

Meant to say the wood has shot past the right angle.

southeastastra Sun 12-Jun-11 08:20:17

definitely say something if it's not up to scratch, you are paying after all

Putthatbookdown Sun 12-Jun-11 19:23:36

3 friends and I recently had this discussion. If we could we would do it ourselves! We think that when it comes to inside your home you are entitled to be a bit more picky : you have to live with it. It is all about money. We had a laugh the other day: a guy tried to promote a new oven -in fact when we spoke further this "new" stuff gave him all sorts of problems and they had paid a fortune for it. They want you to shell out

bluebobbin Sun 12-Jun-11 19:28:46

If I could fix it myself, I wouldn't say anything. If I couldn't, I would say something, but very nicely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: