Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used a lovely green for a darkish kitchen?

(7 Posts)
bacon Fri 10-Jun-11 15:04:59

I like the Olive shades but show up grey.

I dont want a zest nor a fresh apple.

Seen a few nice shades which are fresh but woundered if anyone has recently used one?

teta Fri 10-Jun-11 15:10:55

The bluey-greens look nice in my dark kitchen [which is actually much lighter now with painted units].F&B blue green ,Teresas Green and Dix blue are all good.I have just painted some units with Light Blue which looks green or blue depending on the light.

DELHI Fri 10-Jun-11 16:09:13

F&B Cooking Apple is a gorgeous colour IMO - a bit sludgy but won't look grey, tho of course it does depend on the light ( or lack of ) in your room.

bacon Sat 11-Jun-11 11:04:27

Thanks will have a look.

7to25 Sat 11-Jun-11 16:42:22

used Folly Green for kitchen cabinets years ago. This is like a darker version of cooking apple.
I like Arsenic, think the strength of the colour would look good in a dark space, but depends if you could live with it.

Flakes Sat 11-Jun-11 20:27:06

We recently went for Crown's 'crochet' on the walls in our kitchen- kind of an olivey/ putty shade which has been commented very favourably upon. We have cream units which help to lighten the area as it is quite dark. It really does not look cold or grey and much cheaper than F&B

crazyspaniel Sun 12-Jun-11 09:25:02

How about Little Greene's "Kitchen Green" or "Olive Oil"?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now