Talk

Advanced search

Cushions! Please help me decide.

(3 Posts)
DaisySteiner Fri 10-Jun-11 10:26:16

I've just had some gorgeous curtains made for our living room in this fabric I've got a bit enough fabric left over, enough to make 3 cushions. I'd like at least 6 though so was thinking of getting a different fabric to make some more, possibly this

Then I thought about making the cushions with a different fabric on either side as in the first link. Or should I go for something else entirely?!

Sofas are neutral btw.

TIA, I am notoriously indecisive (2 years it's taken me to choose those curtains!)

7to25 Fri 10-Jun-11 13:07:01

Matching cushions to curtains is a bit old!
why not do four cushions the same: pattern on one side, ticking on the reverse so that they can be changed and do the other two in a different shape and either plain or something funky!

DaisySteiner Fri 10-Jun-11 13:41:17

Thanks for your reply - I know this isn't the most scintillating thread ever grin

Believe me, I'm no fan of everything matching (brings back memories of my bedroom in the 80s with matching duvet cover, curtains, cushions, bedside lamp-shade and light-shade) but it seems a shame not to use the leftover fabric.

The fabric is reversible so think I will do a combination of different sides, ticking on the back and have seen some other fabric I quite like which I will use to make some other ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now