Talk

Advanced search

gazumping paranoia

(7 Posts)
showmethemummy Thu 09-Jun-11 11:29:32

Ok. so we've just (yesterday) had an offer accepted on a house, and am now really worried about prospect of being gazumped. Mainly because EA involved has very very bad reputation for that sort of thing, and also because we were accepted at quite alot below asking price.

sigh. so now am wondering how quickly can we demand the house be taken of internet etc etc??

just had a look and it's still on internet everywhere

lalalonglegs Thu 09-Jun-11 11:39:59

I'd demand that it is immediately taken off or at least has very big SOLD _ STC banners all over it. But I would also be reassuring the vendors that you aren't going to be pulling out by making sure that your solicitor is making contact with theirs, asap, that your survey/valuation is arranged asap. Send requests to go round saying you want to measure up (or whatever) so that they know that you are keen and making arrangements for moving in.

angel1976 Thu 09-Jun-11 11:54:22

It usually takes a few days for the agent to do this. It just doesn't register on their radar how anxious buyers can get about things like that. Some vendors also refuse to take their house off the market until their buyers have arranged a survey to take place to show how serious they are. If I were you, I would call the agent and ask them to make sure the house is showing as SSTC on the website asap unless vendors have made specific request not to do so till solicitors been in touch or survey arranged! smile

angel1976 Thu 09-Jun-11 11:54:31

Congratulations btw!

ThunderboltKid Thu 09-Jun-11 12:49:44

I was worried about this. Usually you have to wait at least 24 hours for rightmove etc to update after the agent has removed it.

I got my sister to phone the agents and pretend she wanted a viewing, to see what they'd say. Even after they told her it had been sold, she pushed them and said she was a chain free buyer etc but they said no and offered to register her for other properties! Definitely put our mind at ease grin

microserf Thu 09-Jun-11 13:08:00

ThunderBoltKid, wish I'd thought of that! Our arsehole EAs made us pay a holding deposit of 1k, lying bastards. Our solicitor was stunned, asked me if we had suddenly jumped back in time to the 70s!

showmethemummy Fri 10-Jun-11 08:40:09

thanks everyone... it was off rightmove by yesterday pm but is still on agent's site -'under offer' tho.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: